Americans need more sheriffs like this one

2 hours ago, bigun said:

Wow someone with brains and a back bone.

Back on December 7th 1941 when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor when the Japanese fleet turned and headed back to Japan the question was put to the Japanese Admiral Of we have an advantage so why are we not attacking the American Home Land. The Admiral turned and looked at the man asking the question and he replied , " Because we will be defeated because behind every blade of Grass is an American with a gun." That Japanese Admiral knew of the willingness of the American people to fight for the land they loved. He followed that stament up with another which was, "I fear that all we have done is awakened a Sleeping Giant and nothing more."

I often wonder after looking at America and the politics of today just how many Americans still have that burning deep down feeling to fight for America as we once did. I wonder what would happen if an all out war between the Islamic Terrorists already in America broke out just how many of our young people would actually take up a (sword) weapon and actually fight for America. Many seem ready and willing to fight amongs ourselves over political issues and actually attack other Americans but would they be willing to fight for America?

Have our children been to brain washed with Policitical Correctness to fight for America?

I think these questions stand unanswered and probaly will till something big happens.

Back On 9/11/2001 I did see a country come together and be united as 1 and I was proud.

Shortly after the attack on the World Trade Centers The Muslims actually tried to build a Mosque on the site of the worse attack on American Soil but the American people stood up and it was defeated. Would the American people still do that today? Or has polictical Correctness made most of them back down?

JMHO's

• Like 2

Simple enough concept...if anything happens, you have responsibility for your own safety and security until help arrives.  It's the norm for those on this site, but a very outside of the box line of thinking for the population at large.

Also like how the Sheriff mentioned being trained, as well as alternates to a gun if you just aren't comfortable with it.

2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I often wonder after looking at America and the politics of today just how many Americans still have that burning deep down feeling to fight for America as we once did. I wonder what would happen if an all out war between the Islamic Terrorists already in America broke out just how many of our young people would actually take up a (sword) weapon and actually fight for America. Many seem ready and willing to fight amongs ourselves over political issues and actually attack other Americans but would they be willing to fight for America?

I think the actual threat level generates the response.  Americans stood up after 9/11 because there was a threat out there in the Al-Qaeda network that hit us as hard as they did.  So, we were united in our response and resolve to attack them and knock down their ability to attack America like that again.  It's when we got into the occupation business in Afghanistan and Iraq that people found themselves divided, and that's fair I think. 

Today we do have terrorism, but the threat does not rise to a level where national unity is natural response.  And there is the legitimate question of how do we prevent the alienation of the non-extremist Islam when being watchful to the extremist version.  That's a political question, but I'm not going to sacrifice anyones rights just because they happen to be the same ethnicity or religion (with conflicting beliefs) as the attacker.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, btq96r said:

Simple enough concept...if anything happens, you have responsibility for your own safety and security until help arrives.  It's the norm for those on this site, but a very outside of the box line of thinking for the population at large.

Also like how the Sheriff mentioned being trained, as well as alternates to a gun if you just aren't comfortable with it.

I think the actual threat level generates the response.  Americans stood up after 9/11 because there was a threat out there in the Al-Qaeda network that hit us as hard as they did.  So, we were united in our response and resolve to attack them and knock down their ability to attack America like that again.  It's when we got into the occupation business in Afghanistan and Iraq that people found themselves divided, and that's fair I think. 

Today we do have terrorism, but the threat does not rise to a level where national unity is natural response.  And there is the legitimate question of how do we prevent the alienation of the non-extremist Islam when being watchful to the extremist version.  That's a political question, but I'm not going to sacrifice anyones rights just because they happen to be the same ethnicity or religion (with conflicting beliefs) as the attacker.

"It's when we got into the occupation business in Afghanistan and Iraq that people found themselves divided, and that's fair I think."

I do agree with you 100% on this. I have never agreed with either one of those at all. I was all for going to Afghanistan and getting Al Quada but was not in favor of occupying the Country. I don't think we had a fight with the Taliban because I think Bin Laden and Al Quada were long gone from that country even before we put a force together to go after them. We should have used our Intelligence Agencies to find out where Bin Laden and his group went and focused on that. Our Intel has never been good regarding Al Quada going back to the Clinton Presidency. Shortly after the bombing of the World Trade center in 1993 our Intel told Clinton where Bin Laden was and Clinton had some missiles fired at him but when the strike site was inspected they learned that they had blown up a vacated Al Quada training center that had been empty at least a month. I don't even think Bin Laden was even in Afganistan when the planes hit the towers but had already vacated all of Al Quada from that country before the attacks knowing we would be coming for him.

As far as Iraq. Biggest blunder by our government in recent history. Should have never been there period. All that did was destablize the entire region by removing Saddam Hussein from power. .................JMHO

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1
On 6/10/2017 at 1:30 PM, btq96r said:

Becoming more the norm every day, as the Nation sees how crime and terrorism is developing, I think the realization that for a short period each individual MUST be responsible for the production of their own safety, you will see the population become more armed, ar at least the smart ones who wish to survive will.