Umarex Steel Storm - My cheap full auto

Hozzie

Wasn't really sure where to put this so I put it here as there is also a version with a buttstock that is a rifle.  I ran across a guy posting on this on RFC and between his post and the youtube, I decided I had to try one.  It should be here tomorrow.

It looks like you can change these full auto pretty easily.    They are not firearms by law so it is perfectly legal.  They come with 6 round burst and regular semi-auto by default.  The gun was only $90 and i bought 40 bottles of C02 and 30000 pellets so all in I am at $160.  Pretty decent price for what looks to be a lot of fun.  

I'll report back how it works.  I am not a fan of Umarex stuff in general, but this looked fun enough to take a flyer on it.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, KahrMan said:

He mentions that the full auto version is only 20-40 bucks more than the semi.  After watching him disassemble this I think I would rather pay the extra for the full auto version.  lol

I couldn't find a full auto version.  Not sure that is really the case.  Even the 6 shot burst is fun, but I will take it apart and "fix" it :cheers:.

• Like 1

What kind of distance/accurately can you get with this? And seeing it uses 2 CO2 bottles at a time, how long/rough # of shots can you get with the 2 bottles? And last but not least, do you notice a drop off in any of these factors as the bottles lose pressure?

Yes, I'm being a pain in the butt with all these questions. Just trying to see any potential drawbacks to buying one of these myself.

It has been quite some time since I had a CO2 pistol of any kind and trying to see if it has changed.

Thank you for your comments on this initially, and anything else you might post on it.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, hipower said:

What kind of distance/accurately can you get with this? And seeing it uses 2 CO2 bottles at a time, how long/rough # of shots can you get with the 2 bottles? And last but not least, do you notice a drop off in any of these factors as the bottles lose pressure?

Yes, I'm being a pain in the butt with all these questions. Just trying to see any potential drawbacks to buying one of these myself.

It has been quite some time since I had a CO2 pistol of any kind and trying to see if it has changed.

Thank you for your comments on this initially, and anything else you might post on it.

No idea on any of that so far.  I am sure it will slow down as it gets low.  I am not looking for anything other than plinking cans at 10-15 yards.   Once I get it back together and do some testing I will let you know.

Thank you. I didn't know if anything was different currently from my past experiences with CO2 pistols, but perhaps nothing major has happened.

I guess I'll go back to looking into pump single shot air rifles for my "needs."

It will be a few days.  After playing with the pistol for a few before converting it, I decided the rifle would suit me better so I am swapping them. Rifle should be here in a few days and I will do a review.  

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 6/12/2017 at 1:15 PM, hipower said:

I have one of the Crossman  M4 BB guns.  The magazine only holds 25 BBs, and I got six magazine loads with one set of two CO2 cartridges.  Then I let it sit for several weeks and the CO2 had leaked out.  The next time I fired it, I got a phone call after only 3 magazines, so I have not yet had a chance to actually shoot the CO2 cartridges to where they run out.  But, it's safe to say that you can get 150 or more BBs out of one set of CO2 cartridges.

My target is set up 20 yards out in the back yard and the BBs are on-target and make a nice 'plink' sound on the steel.