My LMT AR-15 (pics)

Guest VandyZ

Guest VandyZ

Ok so I am buying a new gun and when I do that I always go through my collection and just psych myself up for the new addition. While I had the AR out I decided to snap a few pictures since pictures are so loved on this forum. They are not the greatest, but as long as I buy things that shoot lead, I cant afford a better camera to shoot.

This is an all Lewis Machine and Tool parts gun. The are a government supplier and everything is mil-spec. I built the lower myself using all LMT parts. The upper is a LMT 16" M4 Upper with t-marks, chrome lined barrel,1/7 twist, true M4 profile and barrel extension. I finished it off with ACE AR-15 M4 Socom Buttstock and Ambi Ergo Sure Grip.

Looking to go free floating rail system soon!

Enjoy . . .

AR1.jpg

AR2.jpg

AR3.jpg

AR4.jpg

AR5.jpg

AR6.jpg

AR7.jpg

AR8.jpg

I will be sure to post pics of the new pistol when it comes in. :shrug:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dotsun
Yummy.

Nice choice with the buttstock, imho.

I agree, I don't think I've seen a stock exactly like that one. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the stock set you back?

Guest VandyZ

I paid i think $155 from del-ton.com when it was on sale through ar-15.com.

I tell you nothing about that rifle was cheap. LOL I set out to save money and build my own and when I started picking out the parts I liked, it was clear I wasnt going to be saving any money on what I could pick up say a store bought Bushmaster. Had I found a comparable built manufactured rifle it would have been about 30% more than what I paid for all my parts. So I guess in the end it was worth it. I dont know how much money my rifle would fetch, but I know its as nice, if not nicer than anything I could have gone out and bought.

The one thing i skimped on was the rail system. I should have just done it then. Oh well. ;)