Some Recent Leather Work

The Glock 19 pouch and MP5 will probably be in the classifieds later, they were pattern testers but I made myself a double set afterwards. 

The first ar mag pouch is my third pattern and attachment style plus a thumb index point. Revision 2 will likely have a full reinforcement lip to strengthen the opening. 

Some more.  I did a slight redesign on one of my AR magazine pouches.  The main modification was just adding a reinforcement lip around the index notch to prevent collapse, and widening said notch slightly.  The other modification was adding in semi hidden tunnels for running shock cord for bungee retention.

IMG_20170618_023120_463_zpsjninldmr.jpg

IMG_20170618_023120_462_zps9fuawb2m.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, gjohnsoniv said:

Did this last night. Herringbone 8 thong braided horse lead. I really don't like the two ferrules I used but they were what I had on hand. Need to source something better. 

IMG_20170724_015452_923.jpg

Looks great to me. Also looks like you could easily do this same work to make a key chain. Just another item you could add to your arsenal of designs.

Most definitely on the key chain. I have to say this was a challenge but I've never done it before so that's part of it. The thought of moving DOWN in size is scary lol. Outside of the horse world I'm not sure where I'll use it though, well maybe on some bag handles or something. Maybe I'll do some ar mag pulls for the lulz.

• 4 months later...
25 minutes ago, res308 said:

Where do you source your leather? I am out of leather right now, so I need to get some ordered in along with some supplies. I intend to get this thing off the ground this coming year. 

Tandy, honestly. I've gotten it from some other sources but I like being able to see the piece before I buy it. Outside of that any places that "name brand" leather like Herman Oak, Wicket and Craig, etc should be good to go.