GOP Congressman Shot

• Admin Team

I'm going to post his here and hope I'm wrong - but how many GOP congressmen getting shot does it take to get "common sense" gun control?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/house-majority-whip-steve-scalise-shot-va-baseball-field-article-1.3246505?utm_content=buffer8e8d5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

Here's hoping to a speedy recovery.  

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

I'm going to post his here and hope I'm wrong - but how many GOP congressmen getting shot does it take to get "common sense" gun control?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/house-majority-whip-steve-scalise-shot-va-baseball-field-article-1.3246505?utm_content=buffer8e8d5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

Please define your idea of "common sense" gun control.

I hope you're just being facetious.

• Like 5

If current reporting is accurate, Scalise spent ~10 MINUTES down after taking a 5.56 or .223 round to the hip.  He was alone in the outfield without treatment for ~10 minutes.   Unreal.  I hope he - and all of the innocents today are ok and makes a full recovery.  

Tourniquet & Blow Out Kit.  Have one with you every day.  Everywhere. 

• Like 1

NBC news running well-focussed, long-lens video of Scalise being rolled on a gurney to the ambulance.  - covered only by med blankets.  grrrrrrrr.    There is no way that is necessary.  I would say that for any member of any party... or any other human on the planet.

Capital police were at the scene when it started and immediately began returning fire.  Without them we'd probably be talking deaths instead of injuries and it goes to show how only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with at gun. 

• Like 12
1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

I dunno. I'd like to hope that most of them are smart enough to realize it would be political suicide. Then again, getting shot could definitely change ones opinion I suppose.

What's more concerning is just how divided we are. I'm seeing comments online from people who are happy this happened or saying Republicans brought this on themselves.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, i1afli said:

Capital police were at the scene when it started and immediately began returning fire.  Without them we'd probably be talking deaths instead of injuries and it goes to show how only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with at gun. 

Rand Paul said the only reason they had cops there is because Scalise's rank dictates that he gets his own security. They were very lucky those cops were there.

• Like 5

It says a lot about the Capitol Police when it comes to getting things done. They began returning fire almost imediately and from what I understand did take the bad guy down.

I am listening to the reports and they said the gun used was a A-4 and they were just interviewing another guy that said he was close enough to the guy to see him carrying an AK47 and said that 3 times. That goes to show just how much politicians really know about firearms. 

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Rand Paul said the only reason they had cops there is because Scalise's rank dictates that he gets his own security. They were very lucky those cops were there.

This is correct and a point I have been attempting to make with the lefties on Vox. 

1 minute ago, Erik88 said:

Unconfirmed for now.

Also saw unconfirmed reports that someone on the field was armed and returned fire. It will be interesting if that is true.

I don't doubt there are people in Congress that pack heat. In all honesty I think they would be a dumb person not to if they can legally do so. It will probably not get much attention if any..........JMHO

2 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I don't doubt there are people in Congress that pack heat. In all honesty I think they would be a dumb person not to if they can legally do so. It will probably not get much attention if any..........JMHO

Yep. Remember this?

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/harrisburg_politics/Two-lawmakers-involved-in-shoot-out-with-robbers-near-Capitol.html?mobi=true

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
3 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

Please define your idea of "common sense" gun control.

I hope you're just being facetious.

Same stuff they always trot out.  Mag limits, feature bans, stronger checks... whatever.  Pick your feel good power grab of choice   

• Like 4

I don't blame any of our elected officials on either side of the isle for packing heat with their job. What I do have an issue with is they don't want us to have that same priviledge in many instances and work so hard to try and deny us what they feel they should have. I am glad that the only one killed was the bad guy and Thank GOD for those brave Capitol Police officers for their action even after both being wounded by the bad guy...........:cheers:

• Like 7

Shooter from Illinois, illegal gun in Illinois, transported to VA, which I understand is not gun friendly either.

Laws keep mostly honest people mostly honest.

Other reports I'm seeing include quotes like, "it should have been..."

Appalling ANYONE thinks or feels an act of violence should have been directed towards another person.

What will be accomplished by using a firearm for the mechanism of change because you don't like or agree with the results of voting or the agenda of those public servants once in office?

I know, reactive policy from .gov based on fear, from both sides of the aisle.

Both sides? Yep, these boys and girls react poorly since "one of theirs" was attacked.

50 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Same stuff they always trot out.  Mag limits, feature bans, stronger checks... whatever.  Pick your feel good power grab of choice   

Clearly this is a mental health problem. "Trump Derangement Syndrome" should become an official diagnosis in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).

Yes I'm being facetious....

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

The guy had an Illinios drivers license, which means he also had to have a FOID card to get that gun, and probably the ammo. This thing is up to its ass in common sense gun control. Once again, it must have been the NRA.

• Like 4