GOP Congressman Shot

This coward is indeed the only one responsible for his actions and he's gone now. The bigger problem is that there is a measurable part of the population that doesn't have the skills to deal with loosing. They want a participation award for living... if they can't get it they will throw a violent temper tantrum. Most of these cowards use only words, or social media, but a few become physically violent. The problem as I see it comes from these few people following a meme together and getting incited to group violence. Their minds can't differentiate between right and wrong they have no morals and are cowards of the highest order looking for something to make them strong. They latch on to an idea and use that idea for strength and justification of violence. BLM riots are the same as the Berkley and Evergreen campus riots. To them it's about fairness, not right or wrong. They feel justified to threaten or commit violence in the name of fairness

To them it's all about what they WANT to be given, rather than what they will DO for themselves. This has been a long time coming. I think it's a form of civil war. The wanters vs the doers, fairness vs hard work...

I'm a doer and will defend myself because of that, I won't go out and commit acts of violence because I don't need to to make myself feel good, or strong. I have the moral strength to know right from wrong and not harm my fellow man except in defense.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

He alone is responsible for his actions, true. But the hate, lies and vitriol being spewed relentlessly by his like minded brethren fueled his decision to take the action that he alone is responsible for. A car doesn't run without gas in the tank, and liberals and democrats have been putting gas in the tank for a very long time now.

You beat me to it and said it more eloquently.  Well done sir!

What are the chances that the Senate and House pass a bill saying any legislator who can legally possess a firearm will be given honorary LEOSA like privileges?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/15/shooting-spurs-calls-for-new-lawmaker-security-measures.html
From the article:

"Rep. Thomas Massie, R-K.Y., took calls for additional security a step further on Thursday by re-introducing legislation that would allow those who have concealed carry permits in their home states to carry in Washington D.C."

Edited by Worriedman
  • Authorized Vendor

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/15/after-scalise-shooting-pelosi-blames-fox-news-for-violent-threats-against-her.html

After Scalise shooting, Pelosi blames Fox News for violent threats against her

Speaking with reporters, Pelosi invoked Fox News as she recalled a man who was jailed years ago for threats against her. “His mother said, `He just watches too much Fox TV.’ That’s what she said,” Pelosi said. She added that the “crude and disgusting” things she hears come “from the outside.”

The House minority leader concluded, “It may be inflamed, I don’t know. This mom said it was Fox News.”

Pelosi was apparently referring to the 2010 case of San Francisco man Gregory Lee Giusti, who was accused of making threatening phone calls to the then-House speaker. Officials said he recited her home address and warned her not to back ObamaCare if she wanted to see her house again. 

Read more.

14 minutes ago, bud said:

Here's hoping they don't recieve any special privileges. If the one's paying the bills can't arm to protect themselves, then neither should the employees we send to DC.  

If the legislators have really learned their lesson, then they can restore all qualified  citizens right to keep and bear arms in DC, not just those priveledged few legislators. All lives have equal value and all that, and i value my own above theirs.

I don't really have a problem with any person in the Congress whether House or Senate that is authorized to carry in their home state being allowed to carry while at work in D.C. Maybe it will do some good because the people (Civilians) can then use it as a reason to have those same privledges be given them. It would be a little hard to tell the people you can't but we can and it hold water..............JMHO

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

It would be a little hard to tell the people you can't but we can and it hold water..............JMHO

It wouldn't be hard for them to say that; they did it with LEOSA. I thought that would help open things up for others; I was wrong. LEOSA is a mess.

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
The more I think about this, the more I realize that The Left is just stepping up and using the 2nd Amendment for what The Right have been saying it is for all along.  Can't say I'm condoning it, but the dude actually took up arms against what he thought to be a tyrannical government.

One little Sanders supporter put every single one of the so-called "III%'ers" to shame.
10 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

It wouldn't be hard for them to say that; they did it with LEOSA. I thought that would help open things up for others; I was wrong. LEOSA is a mess.

After going and just glancing over that law it does appear that they keep amending it to suit what fits their wants more than what the people need.............:confused:

26 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:
The more I think about this, the more I realize that The Left is just stepping up and using the 2nd Amendment for what The Right have been saying it is for all along.  Can't say I'm condoning it, but the dude actually took up arms against what he thought to be a tyrannical government.

One little Sanders supporter put every single one of the so-called "III%'ers" to shame.

Are you saying that delusional thought processes without any data to back up their ideas and to ignore real data is ok?

while I get the gist of your thought, the premise of the reality is beyond comprehension. On the same lines, this is the first shot fired.

i say bring it on and stop the painful abuse of this once great nation!

This happened in Alexandria Va which is right across the river from DC.  Alexandria is a very expensive and nice city where I doubt they have much violent crime compared to DC city limits.  

There is nothing to keep law abiding person from either open carrying without a license in Alexandria or carrying a handgun concealed with a license.  Licenses are easy to get there and Virginia honors a lot of out of state licenses including our TN license.  Carry laws are probably better than ours in TN.  No looking for stupid signs and you can carry at colleges without being a criminal.   

I doubt anyone expected to be attacked at this baseball game in Alexandria because there is not much crime there.  Of course it would be difficult to carry if you are playing baseball.  Sad situation for people just trying to relax and have fun outside.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 300winmag said:

I doubt anyone expected to be attacked at this baseball game in Alexandria because there is not much crime there.  Of course it would be difficult to carry if you are playing baseball.  Sad situation for people just trying to relax and have fun outside.

Hard to carry on the field, but aimed fire from those in the dugouts might have brought things to an end faster. Sadly it probably wouldn't have changed the result much in this case. Everyone I saw interviewed said it took them a few moments and a couple of shots to realize the gravity of the situation. By then the congressman had been shot. If those two Capitol Police officers had not been there then of course it would have been a very different story...

It makes me wonder about how long I would take to react in similar circumstances when seconds count.

In this sort of situation the aggressor has the advantage for a few crucial seconds. The only advantage the direct target has against this sort of attack is that they seem to universally be poor shots... The advantage swings to the legal gun owner when they can respond in defense of others. This is unexpected by the coward and they usually fall apart quickly.

• Like 5

I watched several innings of the actual game tonight, televised for first time in years, on CSPAN. Mostly really terrible baseball, of course, but a few shining moments.

Almost over, 11-2 Dems. GOP pitchers only have like 40mph girlie stuff.

- OS

10 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

I watched several innings of the actual game tonight, televised for first time in years, on CSPAN. Mostly really terrible baseball, of course, but a few shining moments.

Almost over, 11-2 Dems. GOP pitchers only have like 40mph girlie stuff.

- OS

Yeah, like you can really throw high heat!:bat:

Edited by Scorpion Equalizer
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, 300winmag said:

Have your personal weapon in your bat bag, not like you would expect another Representative to filch your goods...I have started wearing my sidearm when I bush hog or mow.  I shoot more and clean more now...

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Worriedman said:

Have your personal weapon in your bat bag, not like you would expect another Representative to filch your goods...I have started wearing my sidearm when I bush hog or mow.  I shoot more and clean more now...

I in the last year of so have began making sure I am armed just to walk to my mail box at the road. In the past year people in my neighborhood have been robbed while cutting their grass, Grilling out, or just sitting out on their patio enjoying the evening. Most of the bad guys have been armed with knives. God bless anyone that comes up to me and produces a knife and says give me your money cause he will be here when the police arrive! Whether he is breathing or bleeding will be up to him......JMHO

16 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Perhaps you are right! Oddly enough, there is little to no coverage in the media about the VA shooter wanting to kill as many repubs as he could. 

On to another story

Several shots fired at truck flying ‘Make America Great Again’ flag on I-465

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Indiana State Police say shots were fired at a truck carrying a “Make America Great Again” flag and an American flag on eastbound I-465 Tuesday.

Officers believe the shots were fired from a newer white 4-door Chevrolet Malibu with a Louisiana plate near Emerson Avenue around 4 p.m.

The victim and a witness informed police that the Malibu pulled up next to the pickup truck, a passenger held a handgun out of the window and then a male fired several shots.

Police say no one was in injured in the incident.

The driver of the Malibu was described as a black male around the age of 23. The passenger was described as a light skinned black male with a sleeve tattoo on his right arm.

State police are asking anyone who may have witnessed the incident to call 317-899-8577.

The political football of tighten, relax or enforce current gun laws will be very much in play in light of all the the recent shootings.

Found this opinion piece interesting...

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/06/truth-gun-violence/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=32325863a4-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-32325863a4-21140109#axzz4jtS9EYRF

• Like 1

I've been watching and wondering which way the fence riders would go after this horrific shooting episode. You never know, since the Liberals brainwashing has been really strong. A person could hate the feeling of helplessness in that kind of situation of desperately needing a gun and not having one and still slip on either side. It all comes down to their outlook on what a firearm is. A tool that can be used for protection of self and loved one(s) or an evil entity that should be eradicated. I've read several reports that the GOP members are wanting to protect themselves, which is a power everyone should be allowed to have of course. This leads me to one thing though. They are wanting to be exempt from DC's anti carry laws. I think that if a law exists that those in Washington feel the need to be exempted of, then it's a pretty ####ty law to start with and shouldn't be on the books at all. Sorry for the French, but that is how I feel.

• Like 5

I am not on Facebook; well, I have a musician page there that I don't administer. A dear friend, guitar player called me last night to tell me about a post that a bass player buddy of ours made. He used to be on this board, but he got booted years ago for his insane rhetoric. If you wish to be further sickened, look up David Hungate and read. Just sad. Not sure how I'm going to handle the next time I see him. He comes in the shop, he owns a bunch of guns. His hypocrisy is astounding. I wish someone could post for all his high fiving friends that he owns more guns than a lot of people.