GOP Congressman Shot

• Authorized Vendor
3 hours ago, Sidecarist said:

Clearly this is a mental health problem. "Trump Derangement Syndrome" should become an official diagnosis in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).

Yes I'm being facetious....

Actually I don't think you are too far off.......just sayin'.

• Like 1

To say that the liberals have been extreme in their rhetoric since November is putting it mildly. Here's an article that gives am excellent sample of those freaks in Hollywood:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/06/14/15-times-celebrities-envisioned-violence-against-trump-and-the-gop/

I can't help but think they are intentionally inciting their fans. Either that or their just plain stupid.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Randall53 said:

To say that the liberals have been extreme in their rhetoric since November is putting it mildly. Here's an article that gives am excellent sample of those freaks in Hollywood:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/06/14/15-times-celebrities-envisioned-violence-against-trump-and-the-gop/

I can't help but think they are intentionally inciting their fans. Either that or their just plain stupid.

"I can't help but think they are intentionally inciting their fans. Either that or their just plain stupid."

I would say it's a whole lot of both in this instance.............JMHO

The whole thing is just a damn shame and proves that anyone can be a violent jackass. In many parts of our country there no longer is any "polite society". This is a direct result of "social media". People can say things on line that they would never say in person because they are cowards.

Every time I post here and the few other forums that I frequent I think about my words. If I wouldn't say it to your face I won't type it and hide behind a keyboard.

When Trump called Islamic terrorists losers he was close. They are cowards. This guy was a coward too. 

• Like 6
  • Moderators

Even though this is the second instance of violence perpetrated by fan of Bernie Sanders over the last few weeks I will maintain a bit of ideological consistency. The only one responsible for the happenings today is the person who  committed them. No public figure, no matter how aggressive their rhetoric, is responsible for the actions of this man.  He and he alone is responsible for what he did. 

• Like 6

I hope that if anything good comes from this, that it will be these politicians will think long and hard before sending our youth into some useless battle on the other side of the world.

It ain't much fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

• Like 4

I'm afraid this may very well be a "watershed moment".  Never have so many Congressmen all been simultaneously involved in a mass shooting.  All who are of the party that is supposedly on the side of gun owners.

As Rand Paul is quoted "we were like sitting ducks".  And they were.  I doubt they will be very willing to ever feel that again and may just start empathizing with those who have or might.

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I'm afraid this may very well be a "watershed moment".  Never have so many Congressmen all been simultaneously involved in a mass shooting.  All who are of the party that is supposedly on the side of gun owners.

As Rand Paul is quoted "we were like sitting ducks".  And they were.  I doubt they will be very willing to ever feel that again and may just start empathizing with those who have or might.

So... KY will vote for an anti-gun Senator? If Rand decides to go there, he will wind up doing doctor stuff for a living.

1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

Even though this is the second instance of violence perpetrated by fan of Bernie Sanders over the last few weeks I will maintain a bit of ideological consistency. The only one responsible for the happenings today is the person who  committed them. No public figure, no matter how aggressive their rhetoric, is responsible for the actions of this man.  He and he alone is responsible for what he did. 

Hear, hear.

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I hope that if anything good comes from this, that it will be these politicians will think long and hard before sending our youth into some useless battle on the other side of the world.

It ain't much fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

I was thinking that too after processing the information.  Being shot at out in the open from someone who got to pick their shooting position and the engagement area is very similar to a common way US troops in the Iraq and Afghan wars came under small arms fire while out on patrol.  Big difference was US troops had their own weapons and support assets to use.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

Personally, I blame the Democrats because of their "Resist" bull :poop: 

These morons are going to push us to a civil war.

This AM a lady called in the radio station 98.7 out of Knoxville asking what "resist" signs painted on the roadside meant.

These idiots are in our backyard. I believe these "resisters" are going to learn some very tough lessons.

Four dead including the shooter in a UPS workplace shooting today. How was that shooting and the above shooting stopped? Glad you asked. By good guys with guns. (The UPS shooter killed himself when confronted by Police)

The only way to stop an active shooter is with another active shooter.

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 5
2 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Four dead including the shooter in a UPS workplace shooting today. How was that shooting and the above shooting stopped? Glad you asked. By good guys with guns. (The UPS shooter killed himself when confronted by Police)

It would have been better had another UPS person would have been armed and shot him before he was able to kill 4 people but  a good guy with a gun did stop him anyway.................:cheers:

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

So the answer is to have a cop on every corner and anywhere two or more people might meet.  That just plays right into the hands of those who want such things.  

2 hours ago, Garufa said:

So why the hell were they practicing baseball?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Garufa said:

So the answer is to have a cop on every corner and anywhere two or more people might meet.  That just plays right into the hands of those who want such things.  

No the answer is to have law abiding citizens armed. When someone starts shooting; they shoot them until they stop.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

No the answer is to have law abiding citizens armed. When someone starts shooting; they shoot them until they stop.

"When someone starts shooting; they shoot them until they stop." That is exactly what those 2 Capitol Police officers did this morning even after being wounded themselves. My hat off to both of them for not stopping till the threat was ended..........:cheers:

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Luap said:

So why the hell were they practicing baseball?

Because they have a charity fund raiser event to help the under priviledged children in the DC area and they have been doing it for many years. Probably one of the only real good things the Congress as whole does that benefits any Americans at all.....JMHO

• Like 1

Tucker Carlson had Congressman Mo Brooks on last night.

You could tell the Congressman was fighting back emotion as he said “From above us I heard BAM, BAM, BAM; it was Capitol Police Officer David Bailey. And it was a tremendous feeling of joy to see a good guy shooting back. “

He described the helplessness of watching Congressman Steve Scalise trying to drag himself to help. “There’s not much we can do when all we have is baseball bats, gloves, and baseballs.”

I also liked Greg Gutfeld’s analogy, something to the effect;” Water can kill you, you don't ban water; you learn to swim.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Bull :poop:! Although the shooter is responsible for his actions I vehemently disagree that the dip :poop:s who have been inciting these people do not share in the blame. Weaker minds seek out and follow leadership. You can deny psychology all you want, but that does not make it true.

• Like 3

He alone is responsible for his actions, true. But the hate, lies and vitriol being spewed relentlessly by his like minded brethren fueled his decision to take the action that he alone is responsible for. A car doesn't run without gas in the tank, and liberals and democrats have been putting gas in the tank for a very long time now.

• Like 7