This is why I cant have nice things.....

Last Wednesday (6/7) at 10:30am I picked up my new car. Pretty much fell in love with it as soon as I drove it. I have long been a fan of the Infiniti brand, Ive had 3 others, my wife currently drives a 2017 QX60.

Heres My new Infinity Q70S, drove away with it @ 12 miles on the odo. Brought it home, clay bared it, sealed the paint, and waxed it..

20170607_121327_zpsclblpegl.jpg

Then, Friday happens... 7:20AM sitting in stopped traffic at Mallory & McEwen in Franklin, the kid behind me decided he wanted to just go...go... despite the fact that no one else anywhere around him was sitting still...

20170609_072247_zpswwjy8o3v.jpg

20170609_075107_zpsgf7mafdd.jpg

20170609_075047_zpszqeexqpa.jpg

$11k to fix, It was the first accident Ive been in where I felt I actually needed to go to the hospital, maybe Im getting old, maybe not, My neck and back still hurt... The car isnt totaled, but damn...238miles on the odometer at the time... Just a little rant....sorry

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, dralarms said:

That's tough, but if you feel you need to go to the hospital don't wait, AL least get in there and get documentation that something  as be wrong.

I went that day. Whiplash and a swollen disk.. Missed a few days of work already

57 minutes ago, 1fast4by said:

I went that day. Whiplash and a swollen disk.. Missed a few days of work already

Have you claimed this loss and medical costs to the kid's insurance? Also cost of a rental. 

I had a guy rear end me in SC a few years ago. Witnesses said I pulled over in front if him. Not true, but oh well. My insurance paid him 50k for a broken arm and paid to fix his 90's Grand Am that looked to be falling apart already.

Just don't sell your self short. Insurance is there to pay for loss and damages. No reason you should be out because he was not responsible.

That's rough! Sorry to see that, even though it looks relatively minor it is still a major heartbreak. Back in Nov we traded in our Travel Trailer and ungraded to a 5th wheel, a Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28RDB. Long story short, we brought it home and compiled a list of warranty issues to be corrected, 7 or 8 items nothing really major. We took it back to the dealer for work the 2nd week of April. Two weeks ago we got a call from the dealer stating a large tree limb fell on our campers roof during a storm and punched three holes. :( We haven't even camped in it yet.....

And the hits keep coming......You are correct. It's hard to have nice things in todays DGAS world. I bought a new to me used fishing boat that was pretty danged nice. Nice trailer and so forth. I kept boat and trailer clean and waxed. The trailer was backed into 2 times in less than 6 months on opposite sides while I was fishing. No note or anything. Both fenders are dented now. I said heck with it and didn't even have them fixed. I still keep them clean, but no more waxing and babying them. 

8 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Have you claimed this loss and medical costs to the kid's insurance? Also cost of a rental. 

Yes, I picked up a rental as soon as I got out of the hospital, I put it on my CC, but since then the other kids insurance has picked up the tab. I have informed the insurance that I will be filing medical and Im consulting with a lawyer.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, 1fast4by said:

Yes, I picked up a rental as soon as I got out of the hospital, I put it on my CC, but since then the other kids insurance has picked up the tab. I have informed the insurance that I will be filing medical and Im consulting with a lawyer.

If his insurance ends up not paying, consult with yours. In TN, your insurance can go back and sue him for damages, so they would be more likely to help you out I think. Also, lots of times if you get sued your insurance will provide a lawyer. Not sure if you need to sue.

I learned way more than I wanted to about how this works because of that jerk rear ending me and calling it my fault. 

2 hours ago, 1fast4by said:

Very glad to hear you have an attorney involved for your protection............:cheers:

Sorry to hear about your new ride. It's a shame tha is happened and hope your recovery is fast and full.

I drive an Old  1997 Jeep Cherokee and carry only Liabliity coverage but also added an uninsured motorist rider to the policy. My agent said it was a smart move to protect my vehicle cause if an unnsured motorist destroys my vehicle they cannot just pay value of Jeep but I can demand they replace the vehicle and they have to do it and then they sue the uninsured motorist to recover costs.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, monkeylizard said:

I don't always crash my truck into new luxury cars, but when I do, I have a Budweiser hat on my dash.

I have had many many people comment on that, I sent my brother-in-law that picture, he magnified it and circled it when he sent it back to me...

2 hours ago, peejman said:

Yep. I'd push hard for this unless that dealer's body shop is much better than most. 

Its at a body shop I know and trust. Im in the automotive industry, I have the right people on the job

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, 1fast4by said:

I have had many many people comment on that, I sent my brother-in-law that picture, he magnified it and circled it when he sent it back to me...

Its at a body shop I know and trust. Im in the automotive industry, I have the right people on the job

And when you go to sell it, an accident repair on a carfax report will NOT add to the value, no matter who fixed it.

• Like 1

Most people dont know how this whole "CarFax" thing really works.... Its a voluntary thing, the shops report to it vehicle vin numbers and repairs. But they do this without any incentive. If you know who is doing the reporting, they can simply opt out... Either way, in this instance Im not worried about that.