The future of Gun Shows....

Gun Show and ????  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What other item would you like to see combo'd with a gun show?

• Boat/Fishing
    • Bikini
    • Car/Truck
    • Bob Ross Paint Academy
    • Survival/Prepper
    • Nothing at all

25 minutes ago, i1afli said:

Yep, and even private sellers have a better idea of what they have. About the only good deals at gun shows are the privates sellers walking in with something they inherited and just want to get rid of.

I keep hearing people talk about these people. I wish I could meet a few.

• Moderators

Interesting topic. My brother helps a friend work gun shows. There sales are still very strong. I personally don't attend anymore as prices are not what I'm willing to pay. He reminds me that not everyone, and in fact most people, have no clue what prices should be. They are tired of the flea market type direction, many are taking. 

Most all of the dealers in the shows I went to back years ago were beginning to be booths that owned a gun store someplace and were just selling their store inventory for the same price or a bit higher than you could walk into their store and buy the firearm. Back when shows like this began it was because you could get good deals on items but that is long gone. That is why the promoters are using other products to fill empty spaces such as Jerky and Bar-B-Que Sauces and Aluminum Siding Companies. Last show I went to was January 2009 in Nashville and left empty handed cause there was no deals to be found anywhere..........JMHO

• Like 2

Like Mike said: good for finding a gas block on a Sunday.

Once you get past the bone handles knives,nazi junk and BO... just sayin but, have to admit I've found some fair deals on new stuff in the past...in Murfreesboro or Hendersonville, never Nashville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2017 at 6:15 PM, Ray Z said:

Thanks for the links but - as I suspected - no FEG mags on any of them.  FEG was a Hungarian company and  the SMC-380 is a Walther PPK copy so the mags and parts are a little difficult to find.  Even Numrich doesn't have anything.  The places I have found online want $40 for one, little six round magazine - kinda steep for a gun I rarely shoot.  It is a good little pistol, though, so I wouldn't mind having a few.  The ones at the gun show might be just as expensive but at least there I can inspect them before I buy and there won't be any shipping costs, etc.