3 gun at Middle TN Shooters Club 7/2/2017

Middle Tennessee Shooters Club will be hosting its monthly 3 gun match on Sunday July 2nd. It will feature 5 challenging stages. Round count will be approximately 100 rounds for each gun and 5 slugs but remember these are minimums so bring more in case of misses. Early registration and squadding will be on practiscore or you can sign up at the range between 1100 and noon. We will start promptly at noon. New shooters please arrive a little early for a new shooters briefing. Match fee is $25 for non members and $20 for members. I can be reached at sumocrp@aol.com with any questions.

And if I can get a holster made for it by then, I'll be bringing the mighty 1911.  Alan can say "I told you so", and everyone else can make fun of me for being 100 years behind the times.  ;-)

Edited by Matt in TN

I won't really know until match day of course, but I think I fixed the 870 today.  I replaced the extractor, spring, and plunger and it's running fine now.  And since I pulled the barrel to work on it, I checked my slug zero once I got it good and hot.

Look closely - that's two shots at 50yds from kneeling.  Giggity.

50yds%202%20shots%20POIPOA_zpsjdsoqntw.p

• Like 2

Outstanding!  Gotta keep these whippersnappers in line somehow -

I'm going to have to chase the wife out of the house so I can sneak some kydex in her oven again.  Or do I lose old man points if my 1911 holster is not leather?

And you guys are far too kind for not calling me out on posting a two shot "group".  I just couldn't bring myself to shoot a 3rd after that.  ;-)

Edited by Matt in TN

And I'm a little embarrassed to admit, I just won a pair of red, white, and blue Rudy Project glasses at a charity auction.  I've heard for years how awesome these things are, but I might have to get a pair of these to make sure my wardrobe matches:

red-white-and-blue-american-flag-legging

And for the record, I'm not embarassed because I helped a charity while getting an awesome deal on what appear to be great glasses.  I'm embarassed because I'll be wearing red white and blue glasses at the next match.  ;-)

Is anybody else on this here internet thing, or do only old guys with 1911s talk smack before a match?

Edited by Matt in TN
  • Like 1

This Sunday is the birthday of the Delightful and Wonderful Mrs. Kari (She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed), U.S. Army Wife (Retired).

Its the only day of the year that I have something better to do than go shooting.  Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th July...., I'm happy to be out there somewhere busting caps.  July 2nd - - - I'm staying with the one who has always been there for me.

Have a great match, see ya'll in August.  

• Like 2
8 hours ago, DMark said:

This Sunday is the birthday of the Delightful and Wonderful Mrs. Kari (She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed), U.S. Army Wife (Retired).

Its the only day of the year that I have something better to do than go shooting.  Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th July...., I'm happy to be out there somewhere busting caps.  July 2nd - - - I'm staying with the one who has always been there for me.

Have a great match, see ya'll in August.  

Understood completely, sir - priorities are important, and it's good yours are straight.

Totally unrelated:  does anyone have a pair of handcuffs I can use to try out an idea while at this match?  Preferably a set with a key, and the willingness to use that key to release me afterward?

Great match, as always!

It's funny - after shooting Stage 4 I spent a fair amount of time telling Ryan how much my 1.5x scope slowed me down, and how it just felt like I spent forever hunting for targets and getting lost in the scope.  I guess I was wrong -

Or maybe it was the surprise "rifle prep" Alan did to my rifle just seconds before I shot.  It's a little unorthodox, but it must involve magic dust or something.  You'll have to ask him about it in person, as I think it would break several forum rules if I posted it here.  ;-)

• Like 1