Anyone on here who uses 45 degree offset sights on their ARs?

I recently installed some offset sights (45 degree) on my rifle. I tried to sight them in but to no avail. I thought I was getting close but my adjustments were apparently too much and I was back to square one.  My questions are: 1. Can you boresight 45 degree sights to at least get on paper? My shooting vise can't hold the rifle at 45 degrees. 2. How much adjustment is made by each turn of the post and rear sight (i.e. 1/4 turn = 1 moa)...I making up the numbers because I don't know how much or how little each turn actually makes. This is the first time I have actually tried using iron sights and found it to be somewhat fun (if I can get them zeroed). My primary optic is a Vortex Spitfire. I wanted something in case my main optic failed or got broken and I'm forced to use the BUIS if the SHTF. Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can keep the rifle upright and still sight in the 45 offset. Just look through the 45 sights. Yes you can bore sight any sight at any angle. As far as how much to turn, no idea as sights are diff from one to another.

Try this, point your rifle at a mirror(unloaded ans safe) look through the sights at the mirror, adjust the sights so you are "sighted in" on the bore.

I set up the rifle on a stable platform where I can see a "target" about 50 yards away and bore sight that way. If using offset sights, I angle it so the sights are on top like normal as that is how I would use it. The geometry works out better. If you plan to only use it within 25 yards or so, the angle used to sight in doesn't matter. Otherwise, adjustments are no different than if they were straight on.

• 1 month later...