looking for pocket carry gun

Guest salb3039

Guest salb3039

I am looking for smaller pocket carry gun. I had a Kel-Tec p11 and did not like the trigger pull. Anybody have any suggestions? I am looking for 9mm.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steelharp

The SIG P230, while a .380 instead of a 9, works for me. It is very lightweight, slips into a pocket without dragging even the loosest no-belt pants down, and the trigger is 1,000% better than a Kel-Tec.

Guest salb3039
I've played with the PF9 but haven't shot it. It does look good though.

Like Macho, I carry the P3AT about everywhere these days.

How is the trigger pull on the P3AT? Have you shot a P11 so you can compare the two?

Had the same issues with the P-11, but Rabbi got me into a Kel-Tec PF9. The trigger is A LOT better and it is very slim. My .02

A guy would have to be an idiot to buy a Kel Tec PF9.

Nah, I'm kidding.

You could get the best of both worlds: Taurus 905 9mm J-frame size revolver, loads from moon clips. I had one that I sold and it was a compact little package. I'd feel fine carrying it.

Otherwise: Kel tec PF9, Kahr PM9 (about twice the price), the little Polish P64 chambered in 9Mak is a nice slim package. A little heavy maybe and the trigger spring needs to be replaced but otherwise an outstanding value.

I would avoid the Skye or whatever they are called. I just saw too many complaints on their own board.

Bersa is making a compact version of their .380 Thunder called the CC or something. Those are light, reliable guns.

Guest 00z28

As far as pocket gun goes, I really like my kel tec p3at. Had some issues with it at first (polished the feed ramp), but for it's size you can't go wrong. Also like the S&W 5 shot revolver too (sold mine, dang it)

How is the trigger pull on the P3AT? Have you shot a P11 so you can compare the two?

You know, I've never shot a P11, so I can't compare them. Kel-Tec says the trigger pull is 9#. The P3AT has a long throw but pretty smooth pull. The pull weight is stated at 5#. Might be a bit more. If I find my trigger gauge, I'll check it out.

Guest sermon8r

For a pocket gun who cares if the trigger pull is crappy or not..

if it goes Bang when you need it to it is doing its job.

its not like you are going to take it to the range and put 200 rounds thru it every week.

it might be a pain to practice with but a pocket gun is there to save your life or a loved ones...

just my .02 ;)

For a pocket gun who cares if the trigger pull is crappy or not..

if it goes Bang when you need it to it is doing its job.

its not like you are going to take it to the range and put 200 rounds thru it every week.

it might be a pain to practice with but a pocket gun is there to save your life or a loved ones...

just my .02 ;)

While this is very true, 'good enough' does not the 'best' choice make...

The CC has been rounded to make it smoother and easier to conceal. The grip is different, and the sights are lower profile/smaller, along with the hammer being bobbed. It's the same gun with a body kit basically.

If I was getting a double-action .380, I'd get a P3AT.

I wouldn't consider a Bersa .380 a pocket gun. They are quite big as far as small guns go.

I think the j-frame S&W or Kel-Tec are the only properly sized guns of good caliber and round capacity for the average sized man to consider a "pocket gun."

Kel-Tecs are either reliable or not after about 50 rounds. If they are not...you send them back to Kel-Tec at their expense and get back one that is nicely tuned and very reliable.

To me, size is important. My wife thinks so too. :D

But back to handguns.... The P3AT will literally fit, with a holster, into the back pocket of your jeans. I think that's a significant consideration. But Bersas are good handguns too and may be easier to shoot.

As sermon8r said, for a pocket/BUG great trigger pull and shooting pleasantness isn't that important.

Guest sermon8r
Ok, I've narrowed it down to the Kel-Tec p3at .380 or the Bersa Thunder .380. Pros or cons for either one?

I read somewhere the Bersa CC holds one more round.

I have a Thunder .380 and the Wife has put about 1000 rounds thru it and No problems...... just kinda heavy for Her Purse :D :D :confused: :confused:

like the other 50 pounds of stuf in there doesent weigh it down :D