Wow! 2-mile sniper shot!

Damn, the US is in 5 place on the longest kill charts.  How did we let Canada and England beat us?

The top five are: 

1: Canadian sniper in Iraq (2017): 3,450 meters. 

2: British sniper Craig Harrison in Afghanistan (2009): 2,475 meters 

3: Canadian sniper Rob Furlong in Afghanistan (2002): 2,430 meters 

4: Canadian sniper Arron Perry in Afghanistan (2002): 2,310 meters 

5: U.S. sniper Bryan Kremer in Iraq (2004): 2,300 meters

Edited by KahrMan
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

Damn, the US is in 5 place on the longest kill charts.  How did we let Canada and England beat us?

Especially considering they each sent, what, a platoon each compared to the number of troops we have sent. Just by shear numbers we should occupy all of the top 100.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
  • Like 3
  • Moderators

"Sources say a member of Joint Task Force 2 killed an Islamic State insurgent with a McMillan TAC-50 sniper rifle while firing from a high-rise during an operation that took place within the last month in Iraq. It took under 10 seconds to hit the target."

I wonder which would have got there first. The bullet or the faint echo of "sorry"

• Like 5

I remember watching a special on either the History channel or the Discovery channel about snipers and they referred to one of the earlier Canadian Snipers makinga  shot at over 1 mile and at the time it was the longest kill on record and he was taking out another sniper which makes it even more challenging. They had exchanged rounds at each other several times and the Canadian was shooting a Barrett and he had run out of the Canadian ammo for it. His spotter handed him some American rounds so he could keep shooting and whith the first American round he took out the bad guy. Upon closer inspection between the two rounds they concluded that the projectile from the American round was lighter than the ones from Canada yet pushed by the same powder load making it shoot farther more accurately. Evidently Canada may have began building ammo to our specs or they are shooting our ammo...................JMHO 

2 hours ago, KahrMan said:

The top five are: 

1: Canadian sniper in Iraq (2017): 3,450 meters. 

2: British sniper Craig Harrison in Afghanistan (2009): 2,475 meters 

3: Canadian sniper Rob Furlong in Afghanistan (2002): 2,430 meters 

4: Canadian sniper Arron Perry in Afghanistan (2002): 2,310 meters 

5: U.S. sniper Bryan Kremer in Iraq (2004): 2,300 meters

I just came here to comment on this.  That Canadian broke the record set by a bloody Englishman!  Our snipers need to step up their game, go USA!  :usa:

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I don't care what country he's from. That's one Hell of a shot! :bow:

But, I'm really glad he's on our side. :up:

I agree! 

Guess Canada does more than hockey and host movie productions. 

Maybe the Mounties are the home soil cover for these sniper teams. Think about it. :dirty:

17 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

"Sources say a member of Joint Task Force 2 killed an Islamic State insurgent with a McMillan TAC-50 sniper rifle while firing from a high-rise during an operation that took place within the last month in Iraq. It took under 10 seconds to hit the target."

I wonder which would have got there first. The bullet or the faint echo of "sorry"

And here it is. the only thing is, why are the Elite guys still shooting 80's rifles? I am waiting until snipers use drones and gps to calculate the shot even if it is too far to see or over a rise. 

Tac50.jpg

Edited by Ronald_55

I'll just make note that when things need done in real life, the Barret is left on the range toy list. :P

In seriousness...when I was in Afghanistan in 2002, my platoon did a lot of work with the Canadian battalion that was deployed with us, even being tasked under them for bits at a time.  We were blown away by the skillset and capabilities of 3PPCLI as the unit was known.  The recce platoon in particular, where a few of the guys on the top 5 list came from stood out as being packed with studs across the formation.  To hear this record shot was made by a Canadian Soldier is no shock, but I'm still awed by the ability.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

And here it is. the only thing is, why are the Elite guys still shooting 80's rifles? I am waiting until snipers use drones and gps to calculate the shot even if it is too far to see or over a rise. 

Tac50.jpg

I'm guessing they are using them because they are still working and apparentely working well with that last kill.

Sorry buddy , had to say it..................:clap: 

35 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I'm guessing they are using them because they are still working and apparentely working well with that last kill.

Sorry buddy , had to say it..................:clap: 

1 hour ago, KahrMan said:

Because they hit their target from over two miles away.

I knew I should have kept my big mouth shut. LOL I guess if they do the job.

I just thought something better must have been designed since then.

• Like 1
I knew I should have kept my big mouth shut. LOL I guess if they do the job.

I just thought something better must have been designed since then.

With that caliber, platform's that can handle it to use it tend to stick around. Look how long the M2 .50cal machine gun has been in the inventory. The army adopted it in 1921. The McMilllian Tac 50 is great, and the upgrades for the weapon system tend to come in the glass along with shooter/spotter skills.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk. OhShoot very much likes to know when we're using Tapatalk.

• Moderators

Technical answer: The bullet.

However, 10/10 points for the joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk