Finally got a AK-47

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, luke9511 said:

well had a pretty decent time this past black friday/cyber monday and got a few good deals on some ar and ak parts, my ar is getting closer to being finished! and here is my ak now with surplus furniture 

fGunLz5l.jpg

I like it. Would you be willing to part with the other wood furniture? I need some to finish a rifle of mine.

They are known for having issues. But the good part is those issues come on pretty early. And to put your mind at ease Century Arms has always taken care of my problems without hesitation.

Does the trigger have a "C" on it? If so those are some of the best "factory" AK triggers on the market. They have a very nice two stage feel to them. They are my go to trigger for all my guns.

I would suggest taking pictures of the tail of the carrier, the bolt lugs on the bolt as well as the locking lugs on the front trunion. Then snap the same pictures every cleaning so you can compare to see any problems before they become a bigger problem. It will also help you if you have to send it back for repair.

Now you need to get rounds down range to learn the best fighting rifle on the planet.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, XxthejuicexX said:

You just hurt a lot of peoples feelings with that last comment :)

Sometimes the truth hurts.

I spent the better part of my adult life carrying ARs for work. I would, without a doubt, grab an AK before an AR when lives are on the line. I will say I never really had any real problems with ARs but after watching how Afghans clean their AKs I realized cleanliness and lubrication are not required for an AK to work. If you told an Afghan to clean an AR it would probably malfunction the first shot, not so with an AK.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

Sometimes the truth hurts.

I spent the better part of my adult life carrying ARs for work. I would, without a doubt, grab an AK before an AR when lives are on the line. I will say I never really had any real problems with ARs but after watching how Afghans clean their AKs I realized cleanliness and lubrication are not required for an AK to work. If you told an Afghan to clean an AR it would probably malfunction the first shot, not so with an AK.

I'm with you. I like my AK's and own more of them now than AR's. I just wish I had the knowledge and equipment like you to tune them. I'm thinking about buying a press to drill out the pistons like you do to help with the recoil.

• Like 1
I'm with you. I like my AK's and own more of them now than AR's. I just wish I had the knowledge and equipment like you to tune them. I'm thinking about buying a press to drill out the pistons like you do to help with the recoil.

Just move over to the ak74 platform. Hardly any recoil and the compensator works really really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, XxthejuicexX said:

KNS is coming out with an adjustable gas piston now for AKs, or were, haven't seen anything on it recently.  Not saying you don't go for drilling out the pistons, just throwing out options.

Next up is you need to build one.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

They are known for having issues. But the good part is those issues come on pretty early. And to put your mind at ease Century Arms has always taken care of my problems without hesitation.

Does the trigger have a "C" on it? If so those are some of the best "factory" AK triggers on the market. They have a very nice two stage feel to them. They are my go to trigger for all my guns.

I would suggest taking pictures of the tail of the carrier, the bolt lugs on the bolt as well as the locking lugs on the front trunion. Then snap the same pictures every cleaning so you can compare to see any problems before they become a bigger problem. It will also help you if you have to send it back for repair.

Now you need to get rounds down range to learn the best fighting rifle on the planet.

well i doubt it will happen any time soon i visit the range once a year or less when i can, dont ask, so i will probably put 50-70 rounds through it and put it back in the case for a couple of years before going to the range again

I have started making dedicated pistons for tuning my AKs. They are a completely different design than a typical piston. The piston is the cheapest part so it only makes sense to modify it versus some other methods of tuning the gas  

Until you have shot a tuned AK you have no idea how over gassed they really are. My “best” AK right now is a 5.56 Saiga that have the full package. It took the place of the DDI I recently sold. 

I had a prototype adjustable gas piston and while it worked I worried about durability. I have a few more ideas I need to try. 

I have started making dedicated pistons for tuning my AKs. They are a completely different design than a typical piston. The piston is the cheapest part so it only makes sense to modify it versus some other methods of tuning the gas  
Until you have shot a tuned AK you have no idea how over gassed they really are. My “best” AK right now is a 5.56 Saiga that have the full package. It took the place of the DDI I recently sold. 
I had a prototype adjustable gas piston and while it worked I worried about durability. I have a few more ideas I need to try. 

Over gassed ensures they work every time.
That bruise just means it's working [emoji38]
  • Like 1