The CIA has its own Starbucks? Fun Fact

At the Starbucks located inside of the Central Intelligence Agency in Langley, Virginia, customer names cannot be called out or written on cups due to security concerns. 

How about they just go back to using Folgers and skip the nonsense. I mean do the Starbucks workers have to pass background clearance checks?

• Like 1
Just now, 2.ooohhh said:

lol, for the longest while I had "starlord" set as my name in my starbucks app just to see if the baristas on campus would shout it out. :)

Even my Taco Bell now asks for a name. My answer everywhere...Joe... They never even wonder why that name is totally different than my credit card. lol Once in a blue moon, I swap it up with a name I know they will have no idea how to spell and then give them the most convoluted spelling while keeping a straight face. Kinda jerkish I know, but harmless fun. Gotta spice up the day somehow.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

At the Starbucks located inside of the Central Intelligence Agency in Langley, Virginia, customer names cannot be called out or written on cups due to security concerns. 

How about they just go back to using Folgers and skip the nonsense. I mean do the Starbucks workers have to pass background clearance checks?

There's Starbucks in lots of big office buildings.  They're generally in a lobby type areas not behind the security gates.  I'd guess the employees do have to pass a background check prior to being hired, but it's not any sort security clearance. 

4 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Even my Taco Bell now asks for a name. My answer everywhere...Joe... They never even wonder why that name is totally different than my credit card. lol Once in a blue moon, I swap it up with a name I know they will have no idea how to spell and then give them the most convoluted spelling while keeping a straight face. Kinda jerkish I know, but harmless fun. Gotta spice up the day somehow.

I had a good friend in the Navy from Thailand. Yes Thai names sound strange to us English speakers so I have used his name a few times when I have to give a name for stuff like this, Boonchai.

10 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

It isn't unheard of to see Starbucks inside big office building's.  Employee's inside airports require background checks since they work behind the security access points.  Anyone who walks into the Langley likely gets a CIA background check since just knowing who is inside the building is considered a security item.  I could also see them using things like order numbers because of the fact everyone in the build would be joe or bob on their coffee and in the end would need to something like that to keep track of who's coffee goes to whom.

10 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I've held for years that Starbuck's should have two lines - one for fruity drinks and one for people who just need a cup of coffee to get to work without killing someone...

But then you woukd have to drink that crap they call black coffee

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

To each their own, I guess.

It's not my preference, but they generally smoothed things out a little bit a few years ago when they introduced that Pike Place blend.

Eh, what do I know. I just got done telling the wife that I will just boil the water and coffee on the camp fire when we go instead if dragging a perk pot along. She thinks I have 2 heads and am a caveman. Lol

• Admin Team
7 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Eh, what do I know. I just got done telling the wife that I will just boil the water and coffee on the camp fire when we go instead if dragging a perk pot along. She thinks I have 2 heads and am a caveman. Lol

A cheap pour over filter is maybe $5 and totally worth it.  Seriously. If you're wife is not totally into camping, that's a little convenience that'll buy you a lot of grace.  

Or heck, the flash dehydrated stuff is way better than the Foldger's of old.  

Either are likely to win you a few points.  

4 hours ago, MacGyver said:

I've held for years that Starbuck's should have two lines - one for fruity drinks and one for people who just need a cup of coffee to get to work without killing someone...

That second line you mentioned is called Dunkin' Donuts.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, btq96r said:

That second line you mentioned is called Dunkin' Donuts.

I actually like DD coffee, while stationed at Hunter Army Airfield they were my go-to during an alert, a large coffee with a bunch of donut holes for the guys and in and out in under 5 minutes.

11 hours ago, MacGyver said:

A cheap pour over filter is maybe $5 and totally worth it.  Seriously. If you're wife is not totally into camping, that's a little convenience that'll buy you a lot of grace.  

Or heck, the flash dehydrated stuff is way better than the Foldger's of old.  

Either are likely to win you a few points.  

Oh, my wife doesn't camp. Glamp maybe,  but backwoods roughing it is a big "H3ll no" from her. I think if it has a.c., a bath house, and electricity, it is not camping.  She just likes to tell me the right way to do my camping....

I figure one larger frame pack should fit all you need for a week...for 2 people.