Shields on sale

Hard to beat some of todays sales.

Brownells had Shields for 294.00 shipped and S&W is offering 75 dollar rebates

Thats a final cost of 219.00 ...I Had to get one and so did two of my friends ..

THEN trijicon big dot night XS sights were on Amazon for 59 bucks

Christmas in Summertime !

MP-Shield-courtesy-smith-wesson.com_1.png

Edited by SonnyCrockett
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, tnhawk said:

I had been considering getting a Shield, but the $75 rebate made the decision too easy.  I wonder if the wife will appreciate the it was on sale story? 

Don't forget to tell her you saved $75.00

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:54 PM, bigun said:

Don't forget to tell her you saved $75.00

She probably will not notice it until the rebate check arrives as she has seen me carrying a 9mm Shield.  

• Like 1

Now there's another rebate:  

Buy a new M&P Full-Size, Compact, or Shield pistol (available for easy order and shipment to your favorite FFL on Brownells here) between today and September 30th and you’ll be eligible for Smith & Wesson’s Summer Savings Rebate worth $180. Details from S&W’s press release follow . . .

Smith & Wesson Launches Summer Savings Rebate on Popular M&P® Pistols

New Mail-in Rebate Program on M&P Pistols offers Personal Protection Accessories with Purchase

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (June 30, 2017) – Smith & Wesson Corp. announced today the start of the “M&P Summer Savings” mail-in rebate program, valid on popular M&P firearms, including M&P Shield® pistols.  Consumers that purchase any new qualifying M&P Full-Size, Compact or M&P Shield pistol from July 1, 2017 to September 30, 2017 will be eligible to receive two (2) boxes of Hornady Critical Defense® ammunition, two (2) additional M&P magazines and a Caldwell® Mag Charger® Universal Pistol Loader, for a total MSRP value of $180.  Consumers residing in Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. states with restrictions on magazine capacities and/or ammunition transfers will be eligible for a $75 mail-in cash rebate with the purchase of qualifying pistols.

“We are excited to announce the “M&P Summer Savings” mail-in rebate program this summer on some of our most popular firearms,” said Matt Buckingham, President of Smith & Wesson. “We’ve worked with Hornady®ammunition and Caldwell® shooting supplies to create an ideal accessories package, whether you are in the market for a full-size or concealed carry M&P firearm.”

Consumers who wish to participate in the M&P Summer Savings Rebate must complete and submit the rebate form, in one of three ways:

• Complete and submit the form online at https://www.smith-wesson.com/perfect-summer-hideaway-rebate
• Download the rebate form at www.smith-wesson.com, complete and submit via U.S. mail
• Obtain a rebate form at your local Smith & Wesson dealer, then complete and submit via U.S. Mail.

All submissions must include proof of purchase and be submitted on or before October 31, 2017.

For more information regarding these rebate offers from Smith & Wesson, visit online at www.smith-wesson.com or call our customer service line at (800) 331-0852 ext. 4125.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:34 PM, SonnyCrockett said:

got  mine last week,unimpressed with the 7# trigger but for the price its cool...

The trigger on mine has been consistent at 6 lb 1 oz.  As long as it continues to fire every time I pull the trigger, I'll be happy.

Edited by tnhawk

2 brand name, well regarded, proven compact pistols for $199 each. What can the margin possibly be? The retailer makes 20-ish percent with some cash incentives from S&W?

"Honey, you won't believe what these didn't cost me," said MonkeyLizard, "they were on sale WITH a rebate, just like those Kohl's bucks you get..."

They're definitely trying to make it affordable for ALL law abiding citizens to own a "low capacity" firearm in all 50 states.

Edited by Gotthegoods
2 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

The best part is that the boxes look the same, so I just don't keep them together. she still thinks I only got one new gun.  :)

You are awesome.

Be careful, when you pass, she may sell the lot based on what she thinks you paid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got a MP 2.0 2 weeks ago and love it and saw today a Shield for $299. so I got it also! Now I will be waiting on Rebates for both, each will be 2 boxes of Hornady critical defense ammo, 2 mags & a speed loader and S&W says each Rebate is worth $180. but I figure each to be worth $150.

I do wonder will I receive a e-mail when Rebates are received/shipped and will I have to sign for each delivery since it contains "AMMO"?

Thank's

I've ordered from SGAmmo, Freedom Munitions, and Sportsmans Guide several times each and I think once from Palmetto State Armory and have never needed to sign. I just get a dirty look from my wife when I get home after she moved the heavy package inside the house.

Come to think of it....signing might be better.  :D

Edited by monkeylizard
  • 4 weeks later...

For anyone still waiting on their rebate, here's a status website with the company handling the rebates. You only need to enter your zip and last name. That's enough info for them to find your submission. Mine shows both of mine. One was filed 4/24 and I got the check some time in August IIRC. I filed another one on 7/15 and it's still in a processing status.

http://www.rebateinquiryonline.com/

• 2 months later...