N82 Tactical, 7 years of use

I found these guys with the simple Google search "best left hand aiwb holster for CZ75B"

They got a hit, hand some youtube and written reviews, located one state over, great stated warranty and I liked their story.

For $40 I was willing to give them a shot. Being left handed, it's hard to flip a holster for a not so common handgun, so price point is important to me.

Bought their Original Full Size, I dislike tuckable holsters. This ultimately was a bonus as my future P01 fit as well.

This holster has seen use under most conditions I'll ever be in...yard work, house work, hands and knees work over 14 hours laying carpet, other commercial flooring projects, training classes and concealed carry. Never been in a tussle where someone was going for my holstered weapon, so can't comment.

I can say I have NEVER been concerned with weapon retention. The handgun is retained to the holster by a band of elastic, the entire rig by a single clip and friction.

Having sweated into this holster for many years, it doesn't smell like old socks or a locker room and it has NEVER sweated through to my handgun.

The full sweat shield helps disperse (?) the weight of the handgun over a larger area, so it doesn't shift and sag. It also takes a little practice getting a good grip when drawing.

Re-holstering with a hammer fired gun is safe for me, thumb on hammer. The Original does not have a reinforced throat.

Advertised as comfortable, true claim, specifically if you're 5'9", 165 x 33"-34" waistline and carry at the 10-11 position.

The obvious wear is the elastic band has stretched and the gun sits 1/2" lower in the holster. Other than routine wear marks, it is still 100% serviceable. No noted separation of the layers, not one loose or unraveled thread, clip is still clippy.

It also appears this holster is easy on the handgun's finish. CZ's polycoat is not known to be especially robust; I do not see additional wear marks on the leading edges of my gun.

IMG_20170624_104833234.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I love my N8 squared holster too. The most comfortable IWB holster I have ever tried. When I bought my Sig P320 sub-compact I bought a new N82 Pro Holster with the new Twist Release Retention System. This is a system where the holster will not release the weapon until you grab the grip and twist it clockwise then pull. I sent it back. The last thing I want is to need to draw my pistol and in the excitement forget to twist or pull first then twist (That won't work either you have to twist first then pull. If you pull first then twist, the holster will retain the pistol.) A lot of people like it though but I'll bet none of them have had to draw their pistol to stop a threat.

3 hours ago, Will Carry said:

...Twist Release Retention System...

That's what kept me from buying one. They now have an Envoy line for some pistols that doesn't have the twist gimmick. If they made it for my pistols, I'd be pretty excited about it...

• Like 1