A thought about the Otto Warmbier situation

JAB

Okay, y'all, I wasn't on here a lot last week during the whole incident with the death of Otto Warmbier and the related discussion but I didn't see any thread about it so I started one to posit and idea I had.  Paranoid idea?  Maybe, but...

Supposedly North Korea released him to return to the U.S. for 'humanitarian' reasons.  Also, there was a pretty shaky explanation as to why he was in a coma in the first place.  Finally, keep in mind Little Kim (Jong-Un's) insistence that he/North Korea is going to strike at the United States.  My thoughts:

1. North Korea and Lil' Kim don't seem to even know what the word 'humanitarian' means much less how to act that way.  Keep in mind this is a dude that had one of his top officials executed with anti-aircraft guns.  More to the point, this is a guy who (or whose intelligence department) had his own half brother bumped off using a method straight out of a spy thriller and who used two (probably) completely innocent women to deliver the killing blow.  Which brings me to the meat of my thought:

2. I think it is possible that there was nothing 'humanitarian' about the release and return of Otto Warmbier.  I also think that North Korea probably knows exactly what put him in a coma because they likely created and administered whatever it was.  In other words, I think that Otto Warmbier was being used by North Korea as a delivery system for a biological agent.  I think he was intended to be 'patient zero' in a hoped for (by NK) outbreak/epidemic OR he was put in a coma with some kind of non-contagious means and used by NK as a test run to see how easily they might be able to get another, actually infected individual back into the U.S.  Either way, the biological agent would likely be something newly developed by NK which they at least think would be undetectable until it is too late.

Thoughts?

Edited by JAB

I don't think they did anything to cause his coma, those work camps are so bad that people literally fight over roaches to eat.  You can hang the tin foil hat back up in the closet.  They released him because he was American, he was in the news, and they were hoping he wouldn't die.  Personally i think the guy was an idiot for stepping foot inside that country, this entire situation was completely on him.

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

I don't think they did anything to cause his coma, those work camps are so bad that people literally fight over roaches to eat.  You can hang the tin foil hat back up in the closet.  They released him because he was American, he was in the news, and they were hoping he wouldn't die.  Personally i think the guy was an idiot for stepping foot inside that country, this entire situation was completely on him.

Agreed on the situation being entirely on him: however, it didn't deserve the death penalty and was most certainly caused by NK evidenced by their known use of torture and decrease in his frontal brain tissue.

8 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

Agreed on the situation being entirely on him: however, it didn't deserve the death penalty and was most certainly caused by NK evidenced by their known use of torture and decrease in his frontal brain tissue.

Hate to see anyone die, but an American going there is just as risky as vacationing in Fallujah.  

• Like 2

Seeing as a returning citizen that is in medical need would most likely be seen by medical staff first, I think the plague theory is thin. There are much easier ways to distribute a pathogen. Simply infecting a agent for your country and flying them around through major airports in the US would expose hundreds of people to an airborne illness. They could do this all in the guise of business travel. Then the ones they infect would exponentially spread it in their travels and at their destination. Plus, standard individuals would have less chance of causing a panic until it was too late to undo the issue. True, you might not get high ranking officials, but infecting a large portion of the population would do quite a good job in destroying the economy and putting us in chaos. Tie this in with something like additional dispersal vial aerosol in large office buildings HVAC units and you could make a lot of people sick real quick.

Though anyone with a right mind would not disperse such a pathogen. It would be too easy for it to leak back across their borders in ways they did not anticipate. Maybe they would have an antidote, but dispersing it to the majority of their population would cause a lot of questions and possibly leak the info.

1 hour ago, Sam1 said:

Personally i think the guy was an idiot for stepping foot inside that country, this entire situation was completely on him.

1 hour ago, SWJewellTN said:

Agreed on the situation being entirely on him: 

1 hour ago, Sam1 said:

Hate to see anyone die, but an American going there is just as risky as vacationing in Fallujah.  

Well she was asking for it wearing that skirt...

13 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

Not even near the same thing. Now if she wore that skirt into a rapist convention then ya.

Well, would you get drunk and walk into south Chicago with no weapon and tear down or deface some gang tags? Without expecting some kind of trouble?

Another dumb drunk college kid that paid a heavy price for his actions. Does not make it right by any means no more than the skirt wearer. Just makes it reality.

If there is a cave full of dangerous snakes or other critters. You know it ahead of time, know the risk, yet enter anyway to go "Sight seeing" then don't be surprised when you get bit.

Kind of like the folks that went hiking in Iran. Uh, do you see the news and know what the outcome might be? (Not sure of the entire story behind that incident and am too tired to look it up)

Bottom line is if you would not go walking in a neighborhood in America that is known as "bad" why in the hell would you even think of going to a foreign country where your rights are what they decide and has a history like NK does

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Besides the death of their son, his parents have to feel terrible if they had an input on him going. None of us have any business being in North Korea.

Brother Dave has hit the nail square on the head...

This right here is the truth of the matter... No one with a smidgen of intelligence nor critical thinking skills would voluntarily go to N. Korea in the first place... It is breathtaking to me that some folks who do these things don't seem to get the idea that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights only work in the USA... Young Kim is a despotic dictator... Going to NK is akin to goin to see a deranged Genghis Khan with modern weapons and technology... Don't spend too much time analyzing this stuff... This tragedy was brought on by weak mindedness... The NK interrogators drugged Otto to death, and sent him home a zombie... Nothin more...

leroy....

• Like 1

I love a good conspiracy theory!  The 'patient zero' thought did occur to me as well, but I imagine (hope) he was tested by health officials upon entering the country.

I was surprised his parents objected to an autopsy, as I would think that would answer a lot of questions for them.

• Moderators

Ok I'll bite.

If they engineered a super virus to kill everyone, wouldn't it make more sense to send him back in enough condition to walk around a few weeks, spreading it around?

That compared to sending him back under terms that guarantee he will go straight under some of the best medical care, where it would quickly be found that he had something, even if unknown, which sounds better?

Also, assuming you are actually worried about any of this, do you think it worked?

I can create a theory as well. Otto Warmbier was deep cover CIA sent to take out the North Korean leader. His cover was blown in one of the WikiLeak email dumps and the North Koreans found him. Rather than killing one of our agents, they created the whole "theft" story as a means to play ignorant to the entire ordeal while giving them the option of eliminating him at a work camp. It was an accident, right? But nobody was around when it happened. Not our fault!

Could **possibly** have happened but creating a conspiracy out of fears with zero proof isn't productive.

Now, if everyone drops dead that came into contact with him then I'll give it second thought.

He may have not made the best of choices, but out of respect for him and his family perhaps keep the conspiracies to a minimum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't subscribe to any of the tin foil hat theories in this situation, but it is not out of the realm of possibilities that NK can either develop or just buy some kind of super bug.  Heck, they can always send agents out to the Ebola infectious sites and after contracting the decease get into the US walking around all the tourist sites infecting people.  But NK is not, to my knowledge, into the whole terrorist game.  Sure, they rattle their sword now and then, but they know that unless they can take out all our response weapons, an attack is pure folly.  And that will not get them any concessions from us, and the west...which is what they are after in the long run.