Remington Thunderbolts

Had a Thunderbolt fail to eject from my Ruger Mk IV Monday (yea I know about the recall from Ruger but mine is shooting fine and I'm following the rules so will continue shooting it till the box shows up to send it back) and this is what I found when I pried it out.

Split-22.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, FJCrusing said:

Have heard that the Remington Golden Bullets are a bit higher quality than the Thunderbolts. Have a few boxes of Thunderbolts myself but haven't shot them yet.  Might be selling them now.

I have shot lots of Thunderbolt. Only problem I have ever had is that they are dirty little rounds.

I wasn't that concerned, just thought it was interesting. I have only had it happen twice in the many 1000s of rounds of .22 that I have shot. The other failure was some very old ammo I decided to shoot up, I'm guessing it was 60+ year old ammo. That was in an old single shot bolt Winchester and it actually threw some gunpowder out around the end of the bolt.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.