1911 Help

Mdunntn

Hey guys I have recently acquired a springfield gi 1911 frame with a .22 conversion kit through a trade. I have searched around the internet trying to find a complete kit to have a slide/barrel so I could also shoot 45. 

I'm not looking for a beauty queen or a race gun, I just want a simple 1911 that I can shoot. Does anyone have a source for a cheap slide kit to finish this gun off with? I wish I could locate a used barrel/slide to finish it with. If I have ti invest to much money to use 45acp I'll just stick with the .22 conversion only.

Thanks for the help

Is it a .45cal. frame? full size or commander. You will have to have a slide and Bbl. fitted to the frame in order to have it run right, but I have seen some get lucky. You can order a slide and Bbl. from CASPIAN once you know the size of the frame(has to do with the dust cover length and grip length.) This is a Full Size Govt. 5" Bbl., now what I mean by the dust cover is shown in the bottom pick with the slide locked back it is part of the frame length. along with a Slide and a Bbl. you'll need a Bushing and Slide Stop and Bbl. Link. A good gunsmith should be able to fix you up, but if you want a .45 I would just buy a SPRINGFIELD GI Mod. for about $600 (I've seen them cheaper a good used one you might find for $500 maybe less just depends) new or a LOADED for $800. The parts to do the work can be bought used for about $200 maybe less, new is going to be $300 plus for good parts plus you'll have another $200 or so in work. Hope this helps sorry if I confused you more.

20150911_172341_resized.jpg

20150911_172541_resized.jpg

Edited by tjc357

Well I've got another CQB ELITE and a NIGHTHAWK GRP that I had totally redone from the ground up. I've owned a bunch of entry level guns, my favorite was a SPRINGFIELD RANGE OFFICER it shot and locked up tight just like my higher end 1911"s, besides this was the only pics. I had to show what I was talking about.