New Colt Cobra

musicman

Has anyone gotten one? Shot one? Seen one?

Just curious... there seemed to be lots of noise leading up to the release of the new Cobra, then a few less than stellar reviews when the first testers got their mitts on them.  I'm curious if anyone here has some first hand experience and opinion on the gun.  Thanks!

A few guys over on the Colt forum who have bought the new one seem to like them. The general consensus is theynare not as nice as the original cobra but still a fine carry piece. 

The supply looks like it is finally catching up with the demand. Stores seem to be actually getting them now. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Pickaroon said:

I'd like to have one but it's hard to beat S&W prices. Collector value should be good if you hang on to it, though.

But S&W prices... well, the Cobra isn't beating that, I'm sure. If they can outdo the trigger (which shouldn't be too difficult)...

A co worker of mine snapped one up yesterday!

The trigger on it is amazing, best on a off the shelf revolver I've ever felt. Accurate and the weight handles recoil well. It's about twice as heavy as my 360PD. Grips look huge in pics but in real life they aren't as bad as they seem. 

• 2 weeks later...

I might have been interested in one if they had it in 357 magnum. At 25 oz it should have been heavy duty enough to handle that. Even as a carry snub nose there is no reason not to give it that versatility. My S&W model 60 is 21.4 oz and handles 357 magnums easily with not much more muzzle flip than with 38 specials. I guess if you are a Colt guy you will buy one. It is a 6 shot which is nice and the DA trigger pull is in the 7-9 lb range which is light compared to a Smith.

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...