PhotoBucket policy change - No 3rd party links

Bob T

I can't remember the last time I used Photo gallery to post a picture. Any pictures I have on there I have store on my computer or on several flashdrives I have. Most of the sites I visit now are like TGO and offer a way to post a picture without using photo gallery.

I would guess that before long that may be changing back when people don't sign up on the pay program, their membership begins to plumment and their advertisers begin to pull out. Advertising is a very powerful tool............jmho 

6 minutes ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

Is this an immediate action or will start at a future date? .  I have photos that are still showing up here and I don't have a paid account.

I just went to check and you have to re-register according to what type of account you want and in order to be able to post 3rd party you have to pay 99.99 a year as best I can tell. You can still have a 2 GB account but not share the pictures for free which to me would be usless if you can't share them...........jmho

33 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I just went to check and you have to re-register according to what type of account you want and in order to be able to post 3rd party you have to pay 99.99 a year as best I can tell. You can still have a 2 GB account but not share the pictures for free which to me would be usless if you can't share them...........jmho

The 99.99 plan does not allow 3rd party linking. You have to get the 399.99 a year plan, if you want to link.

I'll be moving to Flickr...

• Like 1
Just now, Bob T said:

The 99.99 plan does not allow 3rd party linking. You have to get the 399.99 a year plan, if you want to link.

I'll be moving to Flickr...

Thanks,  guess I just did not read far enough down..............:cheers:

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

I cant help but wonder what sort of due diligence made them think this was a good idea?  Maybe they want to get rid of non-paying users, if so they will be quite successful.

I won't be going back..............:bow:

• Moderators
3 hours ago, bubbiesdad said:

Imgur. Some of my pictures from PB still posted, some not. What I now do is go to PB, save to computer, load to Imgur.  Post here

O9J5dLQ.png

sgQLwdJ.jpg?1

It really is the simplest (and I think) best option. 

7 hours ago, Bob T said:

So it looks like Photobucket no longer allows 3rd party hosting, unless you have a paid account. So the pictures I have posted on this site, and others, are no longer visible. Bastards.

postimg.io

Photobucket started going to #### 5-6 years ago with the ridiculous amount of advertisements, it only makes sense that they try to force users to pay for hosting now.  Next will be that you have to answer 10 surveys per photo view.  They'll go under shortly thanks to all the new/free services that exist... Not sure why they think that people will not be able to survive without them.