Opinions about Geissele triggers

Okay, I am looking to upgrade my standard trigger on my AR and was strongly leaning towards a Geissele. I am stuck between the SSA and the SSA-E triggers. Anyone on here who uses those? I have read that our Special Forces units use those triggers in their rifles and if they are good enough for them, then they are good enough for me. The other problem is that there are so many other choices...(Timney, CMC, POF, Wilson Combat, etc). Their website has them marked down from their original price of $240 to $192. I am really eager to wanting to purchase one but wanted some input before "pulling the trigger". :D 

I have a couple of SSA's and an SSA-E. Both are great. The SSA-E is better if you're are going for real accurate shots.

I also own a couple of their national match triggers. It's easy to find someone that believes Geissele triggers are the best AR triggers on the planet. I'm one of those folks.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

Geissele triggers are very much worth the money if have it to spend and you're more than a once or twice a year AR shooter.

I have a SD-3G for my SBR, and I'm teetering on getting an SD-E for my 16" AR that I recently put a Vortex Strike Eagle on.  I've just fallen in love with the flat bow style and am pretty much using it as a standard for any AR I have...but if all I could use were Geissele's standard curve triggers, I'd live.

Edited by btq96r

I had a SSA-E and it was a great trigger. But I ended up selling it and going with the LaRue MBT-2S. The LaRue is a great trigger at half the cost, I have two of them (one in a LaRue and the second in my built 6.8).

You are right there are multiple options, and I don't think you will be disappointed in any of the big name offerings.

2 hours ago, jonathon1289 said:

I had a SSA-E and it was a great trigger. But I ended up selling it and going with the LaRue MBT-2S. The LaRue is a great trigger at half the cost, I have two of them (one in a LaRue and the second in my built 6.8).

You are right there are multiple options, and I don't think you will be disappointed in any of the big name offerings.

I am a huge Larue fan. That's why, when it really counts, I would never use a Geissele scope mount. :) 

1 hour ago, mikegideon said:

I am a huge Larue fan. That's why, when it really counts, I would never use a Geissele scope mount. :) 

May I ask why?

I've got a SSA in my 16" ar and I really like it.  I don't think I'd want to go any lighter (ssa-e) on anything that may be used for self defense though.  FWIW, the sd-c is a SSA with a flat trigger and the sd-e is a SSA-E with a flat trigger. 

3 hours ago, hlb14 said:

May I ask why?

I've got a SSA in my 16" ar and I really like it.  I don't think I'd want to go any lighter (ssa-e) on anything that may be used for self defense though.  FWIW, the sd-c is a SSA with a flat trigger and the sd-e is a SSA-E with a flat trigger. 

Joking. Geissele makes good scope mounts. Larue makes THE BEST scope mounts. Larue makes good triggers. Geissele makes THE BEST triggers.

I agree on the SSA. Perfect for self defense. I have them on my two holo sight carbines. The SSA-E is on a scoped rifle. The two match triggers are on precision rifles.

• Like 2
On 7/1/2017 at 9:54 PM, lock n' load said:

Okay, I am looking to upgrade my standard trigger on my AR and was strongly leaning towards a Geissele. I am stuck between the SSA and the SSA-E triggers. Anyone on here who uses those? I have read that our Special Forces units use those triggers in their rifles and if they are good enough for them, then they are good enough for me. The other problem is that there are so many other choices...(Timney, CMC, POF, Wilson Combat, etc). Their website has them marked down from their original price of $240 to $192. I am really eager to wanting to purchase one but wanted some input before "pulling the trigger". :D 

I have the SSA-E in my 45acp ar which I know is overkill on a pistol carbine, but I have no complaints. Palmetto State Armory is running a special now for $179, 4th of July sale. Mt last trigger I installed was one of my own doing and the whole process cost about $20. There is a tutorial on how to do it on AR15.com. After my experience with that process, I WILL NOT buy another aftermarket trigger. I am posting a copy of the link below, the pics are gone unfortunately, but I emailed the posted to see if he could update them.  The results were that good-Bill

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/544583_Trigger_work_.html

I have a bunch of VTAC super V's by Geissele. Like them a lot. The only AR's we have that do not have VTAC's in them are my wife's truck AR pistol and mine. They got ALG ACT triggers so in a way all our AR triggers are Geissele...

Mark

I've used the SSA and SSA-E, the SSA-E won. They're both really nice triggers, not knocking them but the enhanced is just enough better for me to say go that route.  If you want to get a nice trigger for mil spec price though get a Spike's. For whatever reason the last one I put in one of my lowers was super clean.

I have ssa and ssae, for precision or competition ssae wins. Prefer the ssa on a serious use gun. 

I also have a larue mbt, it IS a better trigger than the others. Especially if you catch the $100 sale. 

in long run, I prefer 1 stage triggers, CMC gets my vote, 3.5lb flat. 

Another option is a slightly better trigger, ALG ACT with JP yellow springs is all you'd ever need in a trigger

Well I bit the bullet and got the Geisselle SSA trigger from PSA. They were running a special on them for $189. I can't wait to install it on my rifle. Thanks to everyone for their help. Happy 4th everybody :usa:

Edited by lock n' load
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I have SSA-Es in a couple of "defensive" ARs and like them pretty well. That is an application where I prefer a 2 stage and want something dead on reliable, and SSA-Es have always been so for what I have done with them.

For precision AR applications, Elftmann crushes them ugly style.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have not shot a giesselle but i run a alg act in my ar and i love it... think it was 60 something dollars... i have never felt like it was lacking or id shoot better with something else... maybe if i was looking for instant rapid fire double taps id want something different but i prefer a serious gun no super light triggers for me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My SG3D has shipped and I'm patiently waiting on the mailman.....yeah right. I can't wait to see how it does with my battlecomp and my "itchy" trigger finger.
I'd recommend going slow during the first outing with the SD-3G until you get used to just how different it is.

Once you become familiar with it you can let things rip and wonder how you burned through all that ammo so fast. [emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk. OhShoot very much likes to know when we're using Tapatalk.