New Wonder Woman film

Anyone watched the new Wonder Woman film that's out now? Against my better judgment I did and was surprised by the fact that I liked the movie. I'd never thought of that movie venue being set in a circa WW I setting so it was a different spin of the storyline. The cast for this movie were really good. If you don't care to go out to see it then I'd recommend viewing a DVD or download when you have a notion to watch it.

Here's an interesting little fact about Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) 

She filmed Wonder Woman while five months pregnant with her second child. In true Amazon fashion, Gal filmed reshoots for Wonder Woman last November with a baby bump. It was a serious test for both Gal and the costume department, who ended up cutting out the middle of her outfit to replace with a bright green cloth for post-production magic. “On close-up I looked very much like Wonder Woman. On wide shots I looked very funny, like Wonder Woman pregnant with Kermit the Frog,” she recalled in an interview with Entertainment Weekly. Director Patty Jenkins is forever grateful for the work ethic, telling EW, “She’s pregnant during part of the movie, in a suit out in a field in the freezing cold in others. There are so many things we asked her to do … Everyday it was a hilarious gauntlet and she would do it. Now, at least, we will be able to tell her [new] daughter Maya that she’s in her mom’s stomach right then, in the middle of that battle scene.”

I had some reservations about seeing it. DC hasn't done too well with their movies. :puke: But after reading a number of good reviews on gun boards (real people, not film critics) my GF and I decided to give it a chance. We liked it! :up:

Being a child of the 50s, I grew up on comic books and the old "B" monster movies. I still love that stuff. Looks like DC is finally gettin' their act together. 

Another interesting fact about Gal Gadot, she's from Israel. Like any good Israeli, she served in the IDF. Word is that she knows her stuff and is very pro-gun. :D

• Like 2

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. My wife really doesn't care for my taste in movies. Like Grayfox54, I was a comic fan and was always into the superhero vein of movies. The majority of them are pretty bad according to her, but she will usually watch them if I insist.

Wonder Woman is the first in a long, long time that she has asked about going to see. so I guess we will this week sometime. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hipower said:

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. My wife really doesn't care for my taste in movies. Like Grayfox54, I was a comic fan and was always into the superhero vein of movies. The majority of them are pretty bad according to her, but she will usually watch them if I insist.

Wonder Woman is the first in a long, long time that she has asked about going to see. so I guess we will this week sometime. 

I watched the recent Batman vs. Superman; Dawn of Justice movie  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/ earlier this morning and wasn't as pleased with it as the Wonder Woman film. But Gil Galdot's Diana Prince and Wonder Woman characters were great and the film was a great lead in to her current Wonder Woman film. 

• Administrator
18 hours ago, nightrunner said:

Gal Galdot was a big reason the movie was so good IMO.

My wife knows that I would watch Gal Gadot knit a sweater for 2-hours if that's all the movie consisted of. :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TGO David said:

My wife knows that I would watch Gal Gadot knit a sweater for 2-hours if that's all the movie consisted of. :)

First I think it's about time they found someone who actually looks like she came from that part of the world. I never liked Linda Carter as wonder woman. And david, I agree she is a beautiful woman. 

2 hours ago, TGO David said:

How about they just make a video of her shooting? I could watch her all day long doing anything too. Lol

1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

How about they just make a video of her shooting? I could watch her all day long doing anything too. Lol

Oh I suspect we're going to be seeing a lot more of Gal Gadot in films and suspect someone has some film of her doing firearms training when she was in the IDF where she was a trainer.