Visiting TN soon

Hi. I'll be visiting Memphis and Nashville in September. I have lots of reading to do on this site for the next couple of months.

I'm from Boston, MA. I plan on carrying concealed. I'm aware that "no guns" signs are legally binding. In MA, all the businesses can do is ask us to leave. 

So far, i'm going to visit a few of these places:

Various music museums

Slave Haven

Civil Rights museum

Elvis' crib

Payne's BBQ

Gus' BBQ

Opry

I cant wait!

Edited by Kckckc

Hope you enjoy you visit down South.  

Here it is 10:19 pm in Memphis on July 2nd.  The temperature is 81 and humidity 82.  Just stepped outside for 5 minutes and am now a sweaty mess.  It's worse in September...bring plenty of extra t-shirts.   :lol:

Do you mean Gus's fried chicken?  Well worth the visit if so.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2
39 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Here it is 10:19 pm in Memphis on July 2nd.  The temperature is 81 and humidity 82.  Just stepped outside for 5 minutes and am now a sweaty mess.  It's worse in September...bring plenty of extra t-shirts.   :lol:

Oh man... I hate the humidity! Maybe I picked the wrong place to visit. I loved Los Angeles, CA's weather. Dry all the time.

Yes, Gus's Fried Chicken. All we have up here, as far as I know, is KFC and Popeyes for fried chicken.

yeah if you hate the humidity, this place will not be pleasant to visit.  a few weekends ago I was out in Vegas at a festival and outside for 12 hours a day.  It was between 110-117 each day (and sill 100 at midnight).  Weather was great.  Plan lands back in TN where it's literally 75 degrees, I walk out of the airport and feel like I'm going to die because of the humidity.  40 degrees cooler and it felt so much worse.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Garufa said:

Gus's fried chicken is one of those places anyone visiting Memphis should go by and give it a try. And as to the heat and humidity, yeah it can be pretty bad some days. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I'm just shocked you actually have a MA CCW permit. I thought those were pretty hard to get? 

I hope you have a great visit!

Somewhat easy if you've got a clean record. Each town/city's Chief of Police sets their own "rules" (however unconstitutional). Usually, what happens is that people get restricted licenses, restricted to hunting or target shooting only. Can only carry conceiled if on the way to do one of those things. But many other towns have no problems.