Photobucket test....

Handsome Rob

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess my account is also gone but I have not used it in over a year anyway. Last year I downloaded all my pictures off of it onto flash Drives just in case something like this happened so I didn't lose anything. I would guess after enough people don't buy into their game their sponsors will begin jumping ship and they will go down the tubes anyway. Just another company getting greedy and the almighty dollar putting them out of business.............JMHO 

If you have Google / gMail account, they give you free photo storage. If you let them shrink your pictures down to 12 megapixels, it's unlimited. I use it all the time here. To post, simply open a page to your Google photos, clink on the photo you want to link to so that it is full screen. Right click the pic and select "copy image address", then paste that into the post using the "Insert other media" button in the lower right.

EDIT: not sure why, but this didn't work when using Chrome, but worked fine in Internet Explorer.

Here's one on my google photo page of me rocking the laser tag in Pigeon Forge :up::

aGpDIKqv9Y5kGXHfs_AagqstXwEiwYLRtObImbpl

11 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

If you have Google / gMail account, they give you free photo storage. If you let them shrink your pictures down to 12 megapixels, it's unlimited. I use it all the time here. To post, simply open a page to your Google photos, clink on the photo you want to link to so that it is full screen. Right click the pic and select "copy image address", then paste that into the post using the "Insert other media" button in the lower right.

EDIT: not sure why, but this didn't work when using Chrome, but worked fine in Internet Explorer.

Here's one on my google photo page of me rocking the laser tag in Pigeon Forge :up::

7BQjgCe-d1cSr9ddSt7ttGw8S08LZJHCm4ZJlm5o

Pic didn't show. 

5 hours ago, jhc77 said:

Pic didn't show. 

Hmm, That was odd. I could see the pic in your reply even. I'm thinking it was because I was logged into my Google account on my own PC.  I went to a different PC that I don't log into Google or TGO from, and sure enough, I didn't see the picture. I edited my previous post, did the same steps to add the photo, and now I can see it from the other PC. Not sure what I did differently.

Well, I can't get to the pic from my other, non-logged into Google, PC now either. A quick Google search shows lots of people having the same problem. Its there for a while and then it becomes inaccessible.

I had a workaround I found, and it looked like it may work. I could see the photo on my other PC, but TGO would not accept the URL. The work around was to open the pic in Google Photos, click the share icon (looks like a "<" symbol), and click Get Link. Use that link to paste into TGO. When I paste it into TGO and select Insert Into Post, it just spins for a moment but never completes the deal.

It does let me imbed the URL by just pasting it here using the link icon in the TGO post editor: LINK_REMOVED Not sure if anyone can see that either.

(EDIT: I removed the link because it brought you to my account, showing some personal info. I prefer to remain somewhat anonymous)

Oh, well. Sorry.

Archived