Fear the Walking Dead Gun mixup?

On the last episode of Fear TWD Season 3, Episode 6  Alicia comes to Jake while he is having range time. He then shows her how to use the AR. He refers to Safe, semi and full auto. Right before that though, there is a close shot of the AR and it is a M&P model. At first I thought maybe they brought full auto units from the army base, but I doubt they used S&W M&P models.  Other than just sloppy gun props (as usual), is there a real possibility of this short of piecing it together after the apocolypse?

1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

On the last episode of Fear TWD Season 3, Episode 6  Alicia comes to Jake while he is having range time. He then shows her how to use the AR. He refers to Safe, semi and full auto. Right before that though, there is a close shot of the AR and it is a M&P model. At first I thought maybe they brought full auto units from the army base, but I doubt they used S&W M&P models.  Other than just sloppy gun props (as usual), is there a real possibility of this short of piecing it together after the apocolypse?

I know I am probably the only one here but I have never watched a single show of TWD and not planning on doing it any time soon............JMHO

I am a zombie fan of old. I saw the original Night of the Living Dead in B&W as a kid and have been hooked ever since.

Even worse than that apocalyptic type movies call to me. Lol

I think Fear.. is not as good as TWD, but I known it is not everyone's cup of tea.

I thought drop in auto sears were a real thing?  One of Rawles' books had a character who owned a few illegally and saved them for TEOTWAWKI when the ATF was no longer functioning. 

Did you notice that they made a point of the guy giving her hearing protection, but then leaving off his own as he sat right behind her?

26 minutes ago, dawgdoc said:

I thought drop in auto sears were a real thing?  One of Rawles' books had a character who owned a few illegally and saved them for TEOTWAWKI when the ATF was no longer functioning. 

Did you notice that they made a point of the guy giving her hearing protection, but then leaving off his own as he sat right behind her?

I noticed that about hearing protection too.

I had no idea about auto sears. I avoid anything that requires more than a basic background check. Plus full auto sounds fun, but really is just a waste of ammo in real  combat.

Swapping a full auto lower onto a "semi" upper would be ok as long as the bcg was ok.  Not sure how modifying the lower goes.

• 3 months later...
On 7/7/2017 at 7:09 AM, Ronald_55 said:

I am a zombie fan of old. I saw the original Night of the Living Dead in B&W as a kid and have been hooked ever since.

Even worse than that apocalyptic type movies call to me. Lol

I think Fear.. is not as good as TWD, but I known it is not everyone's cup of tea.

Yeah, TWD is way way better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2017 at 1:12 AM, nightrunner said:

Yes you can get an auto sear to put in almost any AR, but TWD gets ALOT wrong when it comes to guns. It's just entertainment.

Like Rick's 44 mag Python and his holding an uncocked 1911 on the people in Terminus.

On 10/25/2017 at 3:44 PM, jgradyc said:

I haven't watched TWD since the season opener last year.

Does Rick still hold his Python above eye level and point the barrel down? This always struck me as an awkward position, much less being unable to aim the gun. 

That's the accepted way for shooting little girls who are zombies.