Recent movies

RC3

Anyone here seen alien:covenant yet? If you have, what was your thoughts?

And what are some movies you guys are exited for? I am personally going crazy waiting for Valerian and the city of a thousand planets. It looks awesome.

Netflix, Amazon, Youtube and Sling are my sources for entertainment.  Movies come out on DVD at the same or better rate than they hit the big screens, just a few months later.  The only time I break down and attend one at a theater is the rare occasion when a new Star Wars flick comes out ...

Unless I get drug along to a family movie, I do not get to see any. Rarely I get to catch up when they hit DVD or show up on Amazon Prime.

One I am NOT excited for is the new Spiderman. I don't like going back to bumbling teen Spiderman. Also, Aunt May has to be old. She has ALWAYS been an old lady, no reason to make her an Ironman fixation.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I have quit going to see movies in theaters all together and I just wait till they come out on DVD. Just went and bought John Wick 1&2 last week and hoping they do a 3........:cheers:

I think that's in the works, Doug. I believe I saw something about it on the internet...but you know how undependable that source is. lol

4 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Unless I get drug along to a family movie, I do not get to see any. Rarely I get to catch up when they hit DVD or show up on Amazon Prime.

One I am NOT excited for is the new Spiderman. I don't like going back to bumbling teen Spiderman. Also, Aunt May has to be old. She has ALWAYS been an old lady, no reason to make her an Ironman fixation.

Totally agree with you buddy. I wonder if Stan Lee approves of it? Almost seems to harken back to the early Spidey days. But even so, the trailers and what I saw on EW about it pretty much turned me off.

And on the subject of Stan Lee, I saw that his wife has passed away this week. I'm so sad for him, but it seems that they had a very long and happy life together.

I just went to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Actually I saw it twice. My wife, grandson and I all loved the 1st movie, and we told him he was not to see the 2nd movie without us. He and his folks moved out of state a while back, and so just me and the wife went to see it. The grandkids unexpectedly got to come spend a week with us last week, so I had to pretend like I never saw it :)

I really enjoyed the movie, and will watch it again when it comes out on video.

All in all like GT Said, not to many of the actors today cause me to spend money on goin to see them. I do enjoy Keanu Reeves in about anything he stars in but he still does most of his stunts and acting.  I realize that technology has taken alot of the acting out of the actors so to me that also takes a lot away from actors being actors.

I also like some of Denzel Washingtons movies. I thought "Man on Fire" was one of his better ones................jmho