So, went to buy a scope.......

RC3

And ended up buying a rifle. This is the first actual store purchase I have made in 7 years.

I partially hate myself for this, but behold, one of the fugliest rifles out there: ARX 100. It is ugly, light, fully ambidextrous, easy to use and Italian. Did I mention how ugly it is? I feel so guilty. But it was too good of a deal to even dream of passing up. 

dK3mAKI.jpg

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, RC3 said:

And ended up buying a rifle. This is the first actual store purchase I have made in 7 years.

I partially hate myself for this, but behold, one of the fugliest rifles out there: ARX 100. It is ugly, light, fully ambidextrous, easy to use and Italian. Did I mention how ugly it is? I feel so guilty. But it was too good of a deal to even dream of passing up. 

dK3mAKI.jpg

I guess this is one of those cases of Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder huh???

5 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

We have all had those occasional lapses of judgement, but usually it involves a bar, a woman, and large quantities of alcohol ...

The guns get prettier at closin' time....

• Like 2
5 hours ago, No_0ne said:

We have all had those occasional lapses of judgement, but usually it involves a bar, a woman, and large quantities of alcohol ...

In my case, it only was necessary to have a woman with an impressive rack...Then I was a total fool. I guarantee it.

10 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I guess this is one of those cases of Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder huh???

Yeah, it is. But then again, the googly eyes I put on it make up for the aesthetic shortcomings. 

I had the 22LR version. Neat rifle. Fully ambidextrous (safety, charging handle, mag release, can even change which side the round ejects). I would definitely consider another in 5.56 if the price was right. I think they were too high given the alternatives.

Also, a swap to 300 blackout can be done without tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I don't see that rifle as being particularly 'ugly' for the type.  Then, again, I can't say that I think any rifle with plastic furniture is 'pretty'.  Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against such rifles but to me in order to be 'pretty' its going to have to have wood and blued (or sometimes stainless) steel.  Sounds like a really nice rifle from the standpoint of using it, though.

• Like 1