Canada and the Pot party

Don't know if this is correct place to post this but if not Please move it. Don't even know for sure if it is fact!! 

Dear Reader,

Like it or not, a growing number of states are becoming more and more accepting of pot.

With the recent legalization of recreational marijuana in eight states and our nation's capital, the marijuana stock market is preparing to take off.

If you've ever thought about marijuana as an investment, you'll want to pay close attention...

Because what's happened in the States could pale in comparison with what our neighbors to the north are up to.

Canada has become the biggest nation in the world to completely legalize weed...

Promising to spark a $22.6 billion industry in that country alone, eclipsing the sales of beer, wine, and liquor - combined!

And if you want to learn how to make a fast fortune on Canada's upcoming total legalization of marijuana...

You need to act now.

Don't get left on the sidelines. Click here for all the information you need to get started.

To Your Success,

Warning to all, those are not Newsmax links...they're either direct to somewhere else, or have a redirect that was split second fast via my internet connection.

Weed will be a huge industry nationwide once these ridiculous laws are gone, but this reeks (no pun intended) of scam.

• Like 1

Respectable investors here will tell you that pot stocks are about as reliable as penny stocks.  Also, there is some question on the legality of investing in them - because you may potentially be tied to contributing to the manufacturing of a controlled substance (on a federal level).

Just a no-go all the way around.

2 hours ago, Sam1 said:

Respectable investors here will tell you that pot stocks are about as reliable as penny stocks.  Also, there is some question on the legality of investing in them - because you may potentially be tied to contributing to the manufacturing of a controlled substance (on a federal level).

I have a couple of moral questions about investing in the pot stocks, but as mentioned there are also a lot of legal concerns unless the Feds act or more states approve.  If I was going to invest, it would either be PE or some of the companies that provide ancillary services.  

2 hours ago, Sam1 said:

Friend of mine dropped several k into them.  I'll let him play guinea pig.

7 hours ago, quietguy said:

.  If I was going to invest, it would either be PE or some of the companies that provide ancillary services.  

That's where the solid money is, just like the gold rush - no matter if people found gold or not, they always needed shovels.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Sam1 said:

I'm pretty sure my Edward Jones person would not have allowed me to buy stock in Canopy Growth if there were question surrounding its legality. It's being legally traded every day.  

Was it a smart decision? Who knows. I'm looking at it as a long term investment and I'm only out a small of money if it goes belly up.

I won't debate the legalities of it because I'm not a lawyer, but you have to ask yourself, if it was perfectly fine, why do the majority of FDIC banks refuse to do business with pot businesses?

27 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

I won't debate the legalities of it because I'm not a lawyer, but you have to ask yourself, if it was perfectly fine, why do the majority of FDIC banks refuse to do business with pot businesses?

Probably because of the stigma associated with marijuana. It sounds a lot like the banks that have been caught discriminating against gun shops or companies that manufacture gun parts.

1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Probably because of the stigma associated with marijuana. It sounds a lot like the banks that have been caught discriminating against gun shops or companies that manufacture gun parts.

No, it's because pot is still illegal on the federal level.  Unsure how people think that investing in companies that manufacture a federally controlled substance, illegally, thinks everything is ok.

Guns are not illegal on the federal level, this is nothing like operation chokepoint.

<edit> a better analogy would be how suppressors are legal at the state level here in TN without registering them with the ATF.  Have any plans on manufacturing one of those any time soon? lol

Edited by Sam1

In the case of the banks, the risk is that DOJ will use their own disclosure filings as evidence against them. They were skeptical enough under the Obama administration, but with Jeff Sessions and his "good people don't smoke marijuana" view of things, it's clear that the risk of providing banking services to the weed industry is not worth it.

https://www.dorsey.com/newsresources/publications/client-alerts/2017/02/revisiting-the-risk-of-banking

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk. OhShoot very much likes to know when we're using Tapatalk.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Gotthegoods said:

Aside from the highly addictive tax revenues, I would think .gov would want as much of the mob consuming mass quantities to help keep us more manageable.

Do you mean a "dumbing-down" effect? As in people who use THC are just more calm and laid back?

44 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Do you mean a "dumbing-down" effect? As in people who use THC are just more calm and laid back?

That's how I took it. Pot doesn't make you want to smash windows and burn Trump dummies. Makes you wonder where they found all those violent antifassholes.

1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Yes and add some tin foil hat .gov wants to control us, using drugs and  fluorinated water.

In some .gov run nursing homes, the elderly are safely medicated into compliant patients.