Photobucket.

57 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I predict this won't turn out to be a good business move for botophucket.:cool:

I agree and I look for their advertisers to start dropping like hail stones in a tornado blow.................jmho

• Like 1

So what are we going to use now? I looked at Imgur; it looked pretty lame, but I haven’t joined so I really don’t know. I didn’t like all the pop-ups on PhotoBuckets site, but they were the best I have ever seen for third party hosting.

It looks like they just committed suicide; but I guess they have some kind of plan. :confused:

• Like 1

I started using imgur the last time  PhotoPhuckit jacked people a few years ago.  Tried to login one day, they demanded a ransom, I refused to pay.  Lost all my hosted pics..forever, but there weren't a whole lot and I still have them.

Why anyone used them I'll never understand.  If you dare to click on a pic and actually go their site the ads will blow your computer up.

2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

So what are we going to use now? I looked at Imgur; it looked pretty lame, but I haven’t joined so I really don’t know. I didn’t like all the pop-ups on PhotoBuckets site, but they were the best I have ever seen for third party hosting.

It looks like they just committed suicide; but I guess they have some kind of plan. :confused:

It's all I've ever used. I hated the pop ups as well but since I'm not to technically savvy I used them since I had an account. Guess I'll be following this thread to see what everyone else goes with. 

I agree with all the comments saying they committed suicide. I'm not sure how that meeting went when they decided to go this direction. 

On 7/14/2017 at 6:14 PM, Garufa said:

Why anyone used them I'll never understand.  

I started using them before they went really crappy.  before it was full of ads.  I don't remember what I used before them (*EDIT: Webshots) but I moved everything to photo bucket because they were better than the outgoing service.  Now, I guess I'll just setup my own host.  Tired of all of the others.  

Edited by Capbyrd

I'll freely admit to this being somewhat self serving, but I've used SmugMug for years and been  happy. It's not free, but i think it's inexpensive for you get. If you're interested, here's a discount code.  https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=VlcPcQWTe7dG6

And no, I have no idea what photobucket's end game is. Clearly they've re-thought their business model and made some changes. 

Edited by peejman

I quit using photobucket because it would take 9 days for the damn site to load.  It was so frustrating that I just abandoned ship.  Then I was using picasaweb which was nice until that became google photo and lost the sharing/embedding ability. It would just post a link back to google photo.