Fun pictures or videos.

Message added by Chucktshoes

A small reminder. Political memes belong in the appropriate thread in the benefactor area of TGO. Your cooperation is appreciated. 

Thanks!

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, n0rlf said:

In Laws?

Naw, I had to go to Vegas for a work conference. The good news was we had vendors wining and dining us, so I didn't need to consume much tea, as there was plenty of free beer. :cheers:

I took a side trip to Zion National Park for a couple of personal days, since I was out there and so close. We hiked 10 miles a day in +105 degree heat. I needed about a gallon of tea with dinner after that.

2 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

I just returned from a far away land where Iced Tea always comes unsweetened, and if you dare to ask for Sweet Tea, they give you a disgusted look and point at the sugar packets on the table.

That happened to me in Ohio. I ordered sweet tea out of habit. The server brought me sugar packets and an unsweat tea, and she said, "what, do you want me to put it in there for ya?"

Somewhere north about Lexington and west about Dalas is the sweet/unsweet tea line. Beyond that, they're untrainable.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of shooting with him many times in Minnesota. He was a good guy and always a great shownman. He carried himself very well. I saw him and Jerry Miculek go at it at the first annual Delton 3 gun shoot. They kept breaking those clays and it seemed like neither would ever miss. Eventually one of them did and as I recall it was Jerry. He then drew a revolver and picked off 6 clays that were lined up on the berm 50 yards down range. 

I miss those days.

I get to shoot with family now and have not shot competition in decades. I was no where near their caliber at that point and am far worse now. I also recall twice being at shoots with some of the world's best shooters and being humbled and humilated. Twice I offered to guys to use my gun as theirs had broken. Once was my Bennelli shotgun and the other was my STI limited gun at the time. Both times I got my arse kicked with my own gun at a shoot. And when I say kicked I am not talking by a few points, rather more like a Chihuahua trying to run with the Grey Hounds.

I was pretty decent and in the usual group of guys in Minnesota clubs I held my own taking 2nd place there for a couple years in Minnesota. It was very humbling to shoot with the likes of Tom, Jerry, Bruce Piatt, Todd Jarrett, Bob Mills, and a few of the others though, as I of course came in like in the middle to bottom third of the pack.  Still I got to partake in a great hobby with a bunch of great guys. I would not trade those times for much.

Now decades later I am unable to even run with the Chihuahua. I enjoy the sport still and shoot with my family as much as I can. Parkinson's has made me a lousy shot anymore but I can still outshoot some folks. More muscle memory than anything I am sure. Even if those muscles do not want to listen and do as they are told anymore. Kind of like kids that way I guess. 

Enjoy the sport now guys and have fun with it. I saw guys there competeing and having a blast with equipment far less exotic then what the nig boys were using. Bottom line is to get out and do it! I am so glad I was able to teach my children to shoot and that they enjoy this hobby as much as I do.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...