Fun pictures or videos.

Message added by Chucktshoes

A small reminder. Political memes belong in the appropriate thread in the benefactor area of TGO. Your cooperation is appreciated. 

Thanks!

On 9/9/2022 at 10:24 AM, deerslayer said:

Another friend had a 2018? maybe Expedition 5.4 that broke a rocker arm at 60k.  Warranty was gone and Ford told him too bad.  I get that he had no standing, but for them to not work with him on a $50k+ vehicle with only 60k I thought kinda sucked.  He is a Ford Kool-aider and he paid out of pocket to get it fixed (several thousand) and traded it in on a new Expedition with an extended warranty.  I just shook my head.  

The last year of the 5.4 was 2014 (in Expeditions).   And that is probably the worst run of engines Ford made.  The early 5.4 had a 4 thread spark plug hole that would rip out the threads in the head.   Later iterations had a spark plug design that was known to break and get stuck in the head.  So much so that they developed a special tool so that you could remove the plug without removing the head.  And most generations of it had issues with the timing chain tensioners/guides.  The 5.4 ran for almost two decades and was really terrible.   

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

The last year of the 5.4 was 2014 (in Expeditions).   And that is probably the worst run of engines Ford made.  The early 5.4 had a 4 thread spark plug hole that would rip out the threads in the head.   Later iterations had a spark plug design that was known to break and get stuck in the head.  So much so that they developed a special tool so that you could remove the plug without removing the head.  And most generations of it had issues with the timing chain tensioners/guides.  The 5.4 ran for almost two decades and was really terrible.   

Perhaps he had an EcoBoost.  They had several Expeditions and I probably got them mixed up.  Which reminds me, our old neighbor had an F-150 3.5 EcoBoost turbo die at 38k.  I think warranty covered that one, but made me gunshy about EcoBoost.  I'm not enthusiastic about turbo, period.  And I was always a Ford guy lol

4 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Perhaps he had an EcoBoost.  They had several Expeditions and I probably got them mixed up.  Which reminds me, our old neighbor had an F-150 3.5 EcoBoost turbo die at 38k.  I think warranty covered that one, but made me gunshy about EcoBoost.  I'm not enthusiastic about turbo, period.  And I was always a Ford guy lol

I've always been a Ford guy but I'm not blind.   The early ecoboosts had a problem with plugs.  They would only last around 30k miles.   I'll never buy an ecoboost unless there is no other option.  I have no problem with turbos but I'd rather have a v8 and throw a turbo on that.  ALL THE CYLINDERS!!!!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, deerslayer said:

2 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

I've always been a Ford guy but I'm not blind.   The early ecoboosts had a problem with plugs.  They would only last around 30k miles.   I'll never buy an ecoboost unless there is no other option.  I have no problem with turbos but I'd rather have a v8 and throw a turbo on that.  ALL THE CYLINDERS!!!!

I have a 2016 F150 with the 3.5 V6 Ecoboost.  I have had just under 7 years and have 143k+ miles on it.  The only major issue I have had is I had to replace a catalytic converter.  Other than that it has been real solid for me.   

2 hours ago, KahrMan said:

I have a 2016 F150 with the 3.5 V6 Ecoboost.  I have had just under 7 years and have 143k+ miles on it.  The only major issue I have had is I had to replace a catalytic converter.  Other than that it has been real solid for me.   

My boss’ son had a 2011.  Other than replacing plugs every 30k miles, that truck is still going strong with over 250k on it.  Nothing has been replaced.  I still won’t spend the money on a v6.  It just ain’t for me.  I’m an old school American.   I want all 8 cylinders and I won’t compromise.  “But the turbo v6 makes the same power.”   Cool.  Now put a turbo on the v8 and let’s see what it do.  

34 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

My boss’ son had a 2011.  Other than replacing plugs every 30k miles, that truck is still going strong with over 250k on it.  Nothing has been replaced.  I still won’t spend the money on a v6.  It just ain’t for me.  I’m an old school American.   I want all 8 cylinders and I won’t compromise.  “But the turbo v6 makes the same power.”   Cool.  Now put a turbo on the v8 and let’s see what it do.  

Yeah but it be like this.....

2017-08-28_04-36-53

6.2L master race checking in

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Capbyrd said:

I really don’t pull anything anymore and since this is my daily driver I opted for better gas mileage.