Fun pictures or videos.

Message added by Chucktshoes

A small reminder. Political memes belong in the appropriate thread in the benefactor area of TGO. Your cooperation is appreciated. 

Thanks!

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/7/2023 at 7:05 AM, FUJIMO said:

sign.png.a1bb5f4d3918e8cc91bf07805e8c103e.png

This just pisses me off big time! I try to obey traffic laws and courtesty, but people who pull out of line way back and rush up to bump line make me want to throw out spike strips!

Ome of the most satisifying things I've ever seen was a Florida State Trooper wull out and go after a drive who bucked line in a flagged zone like this.

On 3/6/2023 at 12:07 PM, RED333 said:

The wife and myself went out Saturday night to eat. I won’t say where but I had to go find silverware. The food was cold and not any good. It’s a shame nobody wants to work anymore.

Sorry to say this, because Texas Roadhouse has always been a favorite place to go for a good steak for us. But last weekend in Hendersonville was a bit of a dissapointment.

Ordered 2 steaks. One seasoned and one not(my wife...I'm sorry about that.) Longer wait than usual. As I get up to flag a server, a young man from the kitchen comes out and tells us that my wife's steak will have to be redone. It has their seasonings on it. He's cooking her another one.

Rougly 10 minutes later, or meal is delivered. Hers is perfect. Mine looked like it had been sat under a heat lamp and fried! Potatoe was shriveled and everything was cold.

I sent up a flare(figuratively) for a floor manager. Pointed out the problem and got the usual prolific apologies. "I'll get you another" she says. Ok sounds good. 

By this time, my wife has finished her meal. Manager comes over with the new steak. It's not burnt, but very well done and with a char on it; my mushroom topping consisted of 6 burnt mushrooms. Now I'm a guy who actually will eat a well-done steak. I like it. But this was beyond me.

More apologies. Offers another. Nope, I'm ready to leave. Ask for the check. Nope, it's comped. Offers us desert as well. My wife says yes. No surprise there.

Now...by the time desert comes out, another server brings out a new steak to me. ???? Apologies for the delay. Thinks it's the first replacemant. LOL! Just not a good day for us. 

Anyway, it ends with a boxed take-out meal for me and no charge for anything.

Sorry, got a bit offtrack here. But the little tabletop pay system shows no charge, but asks for a tip to be added. lol. 10, 18, and 25% figures on it for choices. But at least it's not automatically added as some places do.

Sorry, but I'm not real thrilled with the visit; but I gave the girl 10 upon my wife's insistance.

I know the general rules/requests for tipping. I'll leave a tip for good service and friendly courteous behavior, AND my drink must be refilled without having to ask. That's a must for me as far as good service goes.

So...I'll leave 10 for good service on a meal of 50/60 bucks. I think that's fair for 2 people. More if it's a great meal and experience. Rarely will I leave more. Now there are exceptions to that, but in general../that's me.

Additional info. Will I go back to Roadhouse. Sure. Everyone can have a bad day/experience. We just got one of thosedays. On the whole, Texas Roadhouse is great.

• Like 2