Fun pictures or videos.

Message added by Chucktshoes

A small reminder. Political memes belong in the appropriate thread in the benefactor area of TGO. Your cooperation is appreciated. 

Thanks!

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Quavodus said:

That's your typical woman there. Not all of  course but, most. Some men too.

A guy I work with went back and forth for over a year to the dealer with low oil level in his truck. He'd find the oil way low and top it off, then have several weird problems. He'd take it to the dealer, they couldn't figure it out. He'd get the oil changed, find it low, complain to the dealer, on and on... 

It took all of them more than a year to discover the bottom inch of the dipstick had broken off.  So he'd been way over filling it causing several other problems and hundreds in service bills. 

• Wow 1
3 hours ago, peejman said:

A guy I work with went back and forth for over a year to the dealer with low oil level in his truck. He'd find the oil way low and top it off, then have several weird problems. He'd take it to the dealer, they couldn't figure it out. He'd get the oil changed, find it low, complain to the dealer, on and on... 

It took all of them more than a year to discover the bottom inch of the dipstick had broken off.  So he'd been way over filling it causing several other problems and hundreds in service bills. 

That's just one of those oh crap things in life. An old man told me years ago about a car he had. It would use a quart in a couple days and he kept adding one. Finally he said screw it and let it go. He said after the first quart it wouldn't use anymore. Weird......

Years ago when I was working on heavy trucks, one of the most common diesel engines was the old Cummins NT 855 series. The difference between full and low on the dipstick was 6 quarts. On any of these engines, if you filled it up to the full mark, within just a day or two it would throw out three quarts. But then it would settle down and not use any more. We just got to the point where half way between low and full was accepted as normal and you didn't add any. 

4 hours ago, Quavodus said:

That's just one of those oh crap things in life. An old man told me years ago about a car he had. It would use a quart in a couple days and he kept adding one. Finally he said screw it and let it go. He said after the first quart it wouldn't use anymore. Weird......

I dont consider it one of those things, its utter mechanical ineptitude. Mostly on the part of the guy I work with. Mostly because he's an idiot. When asked how he was reading the dipstick with the makings not present, I got a shrug. Did the jagged end broken off at an angle not give you a hint?

11 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

http://jebs-stuff.com/TGOHumor/Condensation.jpg

Why have my URLs stopped expanding in to photos.

You might have reached the max of what you can upload. TGO only allows you to post so many pictures before you have to free up space. 

Click on your name in the top right, then click your attachments. I'm currently at 80% so I'll have to delete some old stuff soon.

image.png.2333cbf83a2174fa0f673c0903808a95.png

13 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

http://jebs-stuff.com/TGOHumor/Condensation.jpg

Why have my URLs stopped expanding in to photos.

There's a setting where the forum software automatically recognizes the link and displays it as a photo or video. You may have accidentally turned that off. Or there may be a format issue with the links. I think you can photo tags manually.  

... ok, I'm not remembering what the tags are at the moment or maybe they're turned off?

Edited by peejman
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

You might have reached the max of what you can upload. TGO only allows you to post so many pictures before you have to free up space. 

Click on your name in the top right, then click your attachments. I'm currently at 80% so I'll have to delete some old stuff soon.

image.png.2333cbf83a2174fa0f673c0903808a95.png

It's not that.  He's hosting elsewhere.   The problem is that the forum software isn't automatically recognizing his links as being to an image file.  

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Capbyrd said:

It's not that.  He's hosting elsewhere.   The problem is that the forum software isn't automatically recognizing his links as being to an image file.  

I believe the forum only automatically recognizes Imgur links. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

I use Flickr and it recognizes those fine.  I've also noticed it from other sources.  

Then that just confirms this is all out of my wheelhouse. I’ll go back to housekeeping functions like moving posts to their proper section. 😂

• Haha 2

It recognized close to 100 images that I hosted the same way all jpg then a couple of posts ago it stopped working. I started hosting off site when I ran short of my space to post here.  I guess I'll poke around and see if a setting got changed.

13 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

He saw the cubs and continued to approach. Idiot. 

Do you have the video of that?   The video I saw starts with him standing still and then backing up.   

Regardless, that was rough.   At one point he asks, "where is my gun?"   Obviously not where it needed to be.   

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Do you have the video of that?   The video I saw starts with him standing still and then backing up.   

Regardless, that was rough.   At one point he asks, "where is my gun?"   Obviously not where it needed to be.   

Here is the raw footage and you can see a cub in the middle of the trail as he approaches. Then he catches sight of momma and changes direction real fast.