Biker convention?

Working security up here in Nastyville tonight at the Exxon on Dickerson pike. So far I've seen a bunch of biker gangs from Florida, Massachusetts, and Wisconsin, and some other groups coming in, some staying at the hotel across the road. Just wondered if there was some kind of convention going on. 

Edited by res308

A group of Mass. Outlaws passed me on I-81 day before yesterday headed that way. Probably 20 of them. The looked to have full game faces on. I wondered where they were going. They even had a dually truck with them hauling stuff.

I know there are lots of nice bikers, my Dad rode for a long time, but some of these harder core clubs are not so nice. Several Outlaw chapters have been busted  for a wide range of drug and violent acts. A meet up could involve some dealings that it is better to not be a part of.

I rarely judge people on appearance. I used to dress rougher than some of there guys would. I have also learned that there are some places and groups I avoid to avoid the trouble there. Biker bars and hooker rows are not places to strike up a pleasant conversation. Too many chances for issues.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, peejman said:

You guys act like they're not perfectly nice people... 

And I bet you'd be surprised who a lot of them really are. 

Hardly. I might agree if I was 19 instead of 49, but I'm not that naive. I used to ride as well, and at times we looked pretty rough. But that wasn't what we were about. We might have looked a little rough, but we were a ministry group. I quit "judging a book by its cover" a long time ago. I know the difference between these groups who might look rough and the ones who have earned the 1% patches. I was just trying to pass along a little info that something might be stirring under the surface of the water. I was not indicating that I thought everyone who rides is a thug, that's not the way I think at all. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, res308 said:

Hardly. I might agree if I was 19 instead of 49, but I'm not that naive. I used to ride as well, and at times we looked pretty rough. But that wasn't what we were about. We might have looked a little rough, but we were a ministry group. I quit "judging a book by its cover" a long time ago. I know the difference between these groups who might look rough and the ones who have earned the 1% patches. I was just trying to pass along a little info that something might be stirring under the surface of the water. I was not indicating that I thought everyone who rides is a thug, that's not the way I think at all. 

I think at one time over the years most of us have rode and many wore leathers and some didn't but when I rode it was with at least 8 or 10 friends and it was just a  kind of club ride and lasted for a day and once in a while an over night trip but not often. Never went to Sturgess and really never wanted to.

3 minutes ago, buck1032 said:

It was my understanding TN was a DMZ for the major 1% MC's. So having a bunch gathered could be interesting to say the least.

I honestly don't believe The Out laws give a hoot about Tennessee being a DMZ!..........:dirty:

On 7/16/2017 at 1:25 PM, TGO David said:

Fellas, it's Sunday.  I'm sure they were just in town for church.

That what it was! Sho nuff!

Nah, I still haven't 100% vetted this info, but I'm hearing that "gathering" was meant as a show of force due to the other gang trying to make inroads into TN. I knew the others had bought property in TN in the last few years. I always figured there might be a squabble between the two, you know, being as they get along so well. 

I was told last night the others had had a convention or two somewhere in TN recently, somebody mentioned Cleveland as one of the places. I'm not sure. 

I still have the old farm boy in me that won't cower to anyone. But at the end of the day I'll be just as pleased if all their festivities remain in the "none of my business" category. 

Edited by res308
  • Like 1

I haven't seen any 81's here in Cleveland. Granted I do not get out as much as I should. But I havent seen their colors here. Back in the late 80's I was living in Imperial Beach and had an 81 neighbor. Good dude, never a problem and we shared beers every weekend. With that said, I tend to give all 1% MC's a wide berth.

Same here. I get along just fine with most of them I run into. But, we know what each other is about. Just the way it is. 

But I forgot to tell you the kicker to all this. During this time of watching all the outlaw bikers come and go (and noticing that the usual gang bangin thugs were conspicuously absent), I look around in time to see, in full traditional robe, a Buddhist monk walk in. I'm thinking well it's all over with cuz he's probably here to whoop us all! 

I wish I had gotten to talk to him before he left. Very pleasant and peaceful looking gentleman. I had forgotten there was a Buddhist temple in the Nashville area. 

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, res308 said:

Same here. I get along just fine with most of them I run into. But, we know what each other is about. Just the way it is. . 

My worry is never the one guy, it is his 5 drunk buddies along with him. 

If you know the guy it can be all cool, but if it is just some random guys, any minor thing can get out of hand if someone thinks that you disrespected their club or a member. 

This can be especially bad timing if they are already flexing their muscles to show off in an area and keep others out.

So no hate from me for them, but I would just rather avoid worrying about it.

Edited by Ronald_55

I see Outlaws nearly daily up here in Louisville. 

I get a bigger kick out of the local 'Steel Order' or such chapter that touts themselves as a nonconventional club, and they wear the Kentucky Rocker. Then they go on to say how they refuse to pay tribute to the governing MC in the area (which I believe are the Outlaws,) and how they will not cower. I haven't heard of anything more than fisticuffs, but I think it is funny. I don't think the fee is that much a year for the rocker, and it comes with a few perks.

I had a pair of uncles that were Outlaws. I lived a couple of blocks away from their Clubhouse in Indianapolis. I am far from well versed in the ways of 1% MCs, but I do have a friend that is a 'hangaround.' 

Most of what I know came from Sons of Anarchy. ;)

I am however just a heavily tattooed and pierced guy that rides a highly customized Harley.

• Like 1

Yeah I never went the tattoo route. Got no grief with those who do. Some of my friends are covered up in them. I honestly think the only reason I never got any was the fact that I'm too cheap to do it. I've always thought the good quality jobs can get very expensive and I could buy a new gun instead. :)

• Like 3