Biker convention?

1 minute ago, res308 said:

Yeah I never went the tattoo route. Got no grief with those who do. Some of my friends are covered up in them. I honestly think the only reason I never got any was the fact that I'm too cheap to do it. I've always thought the good quality jobs can get very expensive and I could buy a new gun instead. :)

They aren't cheap, that is for sure. I make a lot of cracks about the cats that buy high end guns and could buy several Glocks for the same price, then I think about the money I have tied up in just one arm... and the number of Glocks it translates to.

Most shops have a sign that reads "Good tattoos aren't cheap, and cheap tattoos aren't good." It is the truth.

29 minutes ago, res308 said:

Yeah I never went the tattoo route. Got no grief with those who do. Some of my friends are covered up in them. I honestly think the only reason I never got any was the fact that I'm too cheap to do it. I've always thought the good quality jobs can get very expensive and I could buy a new gun instead. :)

Same. Plus, if it involves poking a needle in me, count me out :eek:

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

Same. Plus, if it involves poking a needle in me, count me out :eek:

I have been getting tattooed for over twenty years, and it wasn't until this year that I sat back and said "Damn, this could be painful if I wasn't a masochist."

I attribute it to getting older.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, res308 said:

Exactly my thought. I got to Singapore in 86 or 87 and a bunch of us went to Johnny Two Thumbs tattoo shop. If he would have been there my path probably would have been different. But he was semi retired and wasn't working. Several guys got tats and I just sat down with an adult beverage and waited on them to get done. I never really considered getting any ink after that.

"Outlaws already have a chapter in Nashville"

The Outlaws have had a chapter in Nashville since at least the late 70s that I know of because back then Where I lived in Donelson in a nice neighborhood 5 houses down from my home was a house rented by the Outlaws and there was about 8 or 10 members and their women that would come and go from the house every day. They were very respectful when coming down the street from either direction and always drove slow cause they knew their were children living in most homes on the street. Never threw any wild parties but they did have cook outs and a lot of other members showed up for it and they all also respected the speed and noise while coming and going.

They lived there for about 2 or 3 years and then all at once they were gone. Rental truck showed up on a Saturday and they were gone. In the years they lived there no one in the community ever had an issue with them.  I had one of them that hung around an Exxon Station I worked at name John Tomberland and he was a straight up dude that was curious in auto repair and wanted to see if I would teach him some stuff and my one condition was he had to remove his colors while he was at the business and he didn't argue at all, Hung them in the stock room while he was there. If we got real busy on the he would walk out and help pump gas and wash windshields so my boss began giving him a few bucks and some gas for his bike. He left when the pack left but did stop by and say good bye to us and boss filled his bike tank for him for free.

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 3