Travel Through Illinois

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Will said:

As per law you are to unload gun and case before exiting auto ,if taking gun out of auto. FYI in Speed Zones set cruise for and watch as it drops 55 to45

fine can be $900 and up. They have a fleet of White Vans that sit in speed zones only with a periscope that is photo radar and you will get a ticket with your car and tag in mail in a few days. I have hear a few horror stories on this.  On open road ISP may only allow eight over on out of State.

Thanks for this info,definitely be using cruise control. 

8 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I wouldn't sweat it. It is legal to have a loaded firearm in your vehicle with your TNHCP. I travel through IL all the time armed. It's no big deal. 

I was thinking the same thing. Do the speed limit and don't worry about it. I was wondering if you kept something in your truck. Wise choice.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I was thinking the same thing. Do the speed limit and don't worry about it. I was wondering if you kept something in your truck. Wise choice.

You're telling me! I have at least one instance where I am certain that having my firearm on me  allowed me to avoid getting jacked. . 

2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

You're telling me! I have at least one instance where I am certain that having my firearm on me  allowed me to avoid getting jacked. . 

Wow. You'll have to share that story sometime. Don't you drive as part of a team with another guy? Is he armed as well? Be safe out there.

Edited by Erik88