Home made shot?

Yep I did it, been working on this for a few weeks. Picked up the pan and drippers from ebay. Coolant is cheap wally world fabric softener. Ammo cans stacked so the ramp is just clear of the coolant, large can to catch the over flow of coolant. I am using an electric stove top element and mapp torch to get things going and to keep the drippers flowing. The drippers will cool a bit and the torch keeps them warm. I made 5 lbs in about 30 mins, not bad for 3rd try. Size is 7 to 9 shot, some 11.

shot 1.jpg

shot 2.jpg

shot 3.jpg

• Like 6
51 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Wow, impressive. Can we get a shot of where the shot "drips" out?

Thanks,the hole is .020,  I can barley see it with my glasses on.

30 minutes ago, Ray Z said:

Can larger shot be made for hunting?

What's the composition of the lead?

Yes, with bigger drippers, #6 can be made like this. Lead is clip on WW.

This was more of a test, I wanted to use electric power, not gas. I did this in my reload room, I do have a power vent to keep air moving away from me.

28 minutes ago, Garufa said:

That is very impressive....but I was expecting to see a big tower in your back yard.

Had no idea this was even possible.  Nice job!

Thanks, look up shot drippers on youtube, been going on for years. The shot towers are a lost art for sure.

Red, nice job. Now to load sum pistol shot shells !   Will those .020 drippers drop same size shot with pure lead ? 

Off topic,  I was over your way yesterday at Gander mtn. Most of the reloading stuff gone. All the good pocket knifes gone.... guess you been there already !!!

Got to be price savvy as they have high prices and the 30-60% sale = regular prices on sum items and same as amazon. Not a true discount yet in my opinion.

Mike 

Thanks myg30, I did load up a few shot shell pistol loads, 44 mag and 45 Colt.  Went into Gander 2 times, neither time did they what I needed, that was way before the "close out"'