Rangemaster Firearms Instructor Development Course Franklin TN

I'm posting this for a friend . I have taken this class and HIGHLY recommend it to others. It is not EASY but it is worth it. I have taken classes at and instructed at this range and I can tell you the the guys from Condition One Firearms Academy (the hosts) run a solid operation and did a great job when they have hosted classes in the past. You won't regret it....get signed up!

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK TO REGISTER:

HTTPS://WWW.EVENTBRITE.COM/E/FIREARMS-INSTRUCTOR-DEVELOPMENT-COURSE-FRANKLIN-TN-TICKETS-29341179257

Rangemaster Three-Day Firearms Instructor

Development & Certification Course

Friday through Sunday, 9am-6pm each day

Franklin, Tennessee on a private outdoor range

September 29 through October 1, 2017

This is an intensive full three day (24 hours total) course that teaches candidates:

modern adult learning theory;

preparation, delivery, and documentation of training;

development of training aids, including power points and others;

coaching methodologies, diagnosing and correcting shooters’ errors;

modern, effective gunhandling techniques, designed to work under stress;

proper handling/operation of a variety of handgun types; and

effective, efficient combat marksmanship techniques.

The course time is divided about equally between classroom sessions and range firing, and each student will fire approximately 1,000 rounds of ammunition. Students will act as coaches for other students, and each will be coached extensively in turn. Students also receive a 200+ page training manual, which is a valuable information and reference resource. To graduate from this course, students must pass a shooting qualification and pass a written examination. This course satisfies the training requirements for the Oklahoma CLEET requirements to become an OK SDA Instructor, for a state firearms instructor license in South Carolina by SLED, for 24 hours of continuing education credit in South Carolina by SCCJA, and for 24 hours training credit by Georgia POST.

For this course, students will need:

A serviceable sidearm, revolver or semiauto, of at least .38 Special or 9X19mm caliber ( .38 Special, 9mm, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, .45 Auto);

A serviceable uniform duty or concealed carry holster, worn on the belt, of leather or kydex construction, with a covered trigger guard;

At least three magazines or speedloaders (more is better);

1,000 rounds of ammunition for the sidearm

For further information or answers to questions, please contact

Tom Givens, rangemaster.tom@gmail.com .

• Like 1

As CHL said, very challenging course, certainly not a 'give me' certificate.  This course is also acceptable to qualify for instructor credentials for the TN HCP course.  Additionally, Tom Givens is one of the icons in the instructor world.  Tough but fair, a wealth of experience, and one of best instructors around.  Great opportunity.....get it while you can.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
11 hours ago, jlw said:

I have taken this course, and I have also served as an assistant instructor for it several times.  Here are some pictures of the range in this review of a different Rangemaster class.  It's my absolute favorite range to visit.  

I chuckled at the reference to a mountain outside of Franklin, TN. :)

Fantastic looking place to go shoot or just get away from people for a while, though!   It would be great to take this class.  Tom is renowned as one of the best for a reason.