The Mummy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2345759/

I don't know if any of you have watched the latest reiteration of The Mummy with Tom Cruise in it but I went ahead and watched it yesterday. The film reviews haven't been all that great and I wasn't all that impressed with it but still thought it was worth watching. This is probably one I'd recommend waiting until its available for rental to watch but if you can get into a discounted matinée it'd be good. Special effects are very good and some of the characters are good. Cruise is his usual plastic self but Russell Crow's character made me laugh it was so over the top. 

3 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Is that the one where the Mummy is a female? I have quit watching Tom Cruise movies since Top Gun so probably won't go out of my way to watch it either...........:bored:

It is and FWIW the two female leads and the partner Cruise's character had did the best acting. Garufa  already pointed out that the two "big name" actors in this movie aren't what they used to be acting wise. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, TNWNGR said:

It is and FWIW the two female leads and the partner Cruise's character had did the best acting. Garufa  already pointed out that the two "big name" actors in this movie aren't what they used to be acting wise. 

Actually the only movie I saw with Cruise in it I liked was Top Gun and that was only because there were other top stars in it. I have never been much of  Russell Crowe fan either. He did a good showing in Gladiator but that was about all.................JMHO

37 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Actually the only movie I saw with Cruise in it I liked was Top Gun and that was only because there were other top stars in it. I have never been much of  Russell Crowe fan either. He did a good showing in Gladiator but that was about all.................JMHO

Cruise was outstanding in Tropic Thunder.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Murgatroy said:

I will preface this by saying I am not a Tom Cruise the person fan.

However, short of War of the Worlds, I can't think of a film that Tom Cruise did not entertain me. I find him a satisfactory actor.

Watch Vanilla Sky and that will give you 2,lol. While I don't put blame entirely on him he had to see that one flopping. I mean WTH. 

51 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Watch Vanilla Sky and that will give you 2,lol. While I don't put blame entirely on him he had to see that one flopping. I mean WTH. 

Cruise isn't terrible in The Mummy but if you've watched more then a couple of his movies over the last few years you'll realize he keeps playing Tom Cruise acting like Tom Cruise acting in all of them. The special effects and a few of the co-stars in The Mummy make it worth viewing. I'd just go the least expensive option on viewing it that I could.