Cheatham county cops tasing the hell out of someone

Sam1

3 hours ago, bersaguy said:

...those of you folks that remember a Governor named Ray Blanton.

A Blanton scenario could conceivably creep up again, but my conscience can't accept the risk of putting the innocent to death as a partial at best check against future Blanton like behavior.  Government executing innocent people (or preparing to execute and thankfully stopped before it happened) is a problem that we have seen in the past, and continues to happen on a steady pace.

I'm also not sure that someone on death row can't be pardoned as a rule of thumb...that would vary state by state. 

3 hours ago, bersaguy said:

President Obama pardoned a bunch of people just before he left office. I don't know what crimes they had committed but the fact is it was done.

All of his pardons and commutations is documented if you care to deep dive them.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/obama-pardons

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/obama-commutations

• Like 1

These are from a law professor.  The article is good as it updates the video, but the video is what is really important here.  Professor Duane explains how cops  and district attorneys will team up to convict people based on some of the sleaziest stuff I've ever heard of.  

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mvkgnp/law-professor-police-interrogation-law-constitution-survival?utm_source=vicefbus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

• Like 3
  • Moderators

Well, the story is gaining national attention and it appears the Sherriff is backtracking on his initial defense of the officers involved. I guess he felt the change of winds and can smell the ####storm  that's coming. 

Breedlove declined to give an on-camera interview to a local news station, and he could not be reached for comment by The Washington Post on Tuesday.

But in a July 28 statement, the sheriff sought to distance himself from earlier comments suggesting the deputies were in compliance with the law.

“I was briefed about the situation and shown video evidence, however, not all video footage was presented at the time of the briefing,” Breedlove said. He added that he directed supervisors to evaluate the office’s use-of-force policy and asked for an independent investigation.

“As sheriff, I want our citizens to know that any inappropriate behavior that may have violated an individual’s rights will not be tolerated,” he said in the statement. “We will work closely and cooperatively with the TBI [Tennessee Bureau of Investigation] and district attorney’s office to ensure all facts are provided and all angles of this incident are thoroughly investigated.”

3 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Well, the story is gaining national attention and it appears the Sherriff is backtracking on his initial defense of the officers involved. I guess he felt the change of winds and can smell the ####storm  that's coming. 

All I could hear when reading the story this morning was the beep, beep, beep sound of the sheriff backing up...

• Like 2

Evidently this is old news that is just now being released because it says in one news report the Sheriff ask the TBI to investigate the case back on November 16, 2016 and I guess it finally got released to the press when the lawsuits were filed. Long time to be able to keep that out of the news...........JMHO

http://wkrn.com/2017/07/28/ex-inmate-files-lawsuit-against-cheatham-county-sheriffs-department/

Edited by bersaguy
  • 1 month later...

I hope someone tazes the F out of him too, he tortured that young man and I promise you he will never be the same person after enduring what he has had to endure. The officer will probably loose his mind because he will be housed in PC with all the sexual predators. And I bet a few inmates in the jail he is housed at would LOVE to get back at him for what he did to them.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Update....

Lying to the FBI. We all know how that turns out.

One Deputy made a plea deal, (probably because they needed him to testify) and one Deputy headed to trial on some serious Federal charges, and then state charges for the felony assault. Unless he cuts a deal.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/cheatham/2018/09/12/cheatham-county-sheriff-sgt-gary-ola-pleads-guilty-taser-incident/1279649002/

• Like 1
  • Moderators
6 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Update....

Lying to the FBI. We all know how that turns out.

One Deputy made a plea deal, (probably because they needed him to testify) and one Deputy headed to trial on some serious Federal charges, and then state charges for the felony assault. Unless he cuts a deal.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/cheatham/2018/09/12/cheatham-county-sheriff-sgt-gary-ola-pleads-guilty-taser-incident/1279649002/

It’s kind of a shame that these are federal charges and that these bastards will serve time in federal prisons.  That baser, visceral part of me would really like to see these guys put it to gen pop in Cheatham County.  I doubt this was the first time that they did something so over the line and abusive to a prisoner. This was just the first time they got caught. 

Edited by Chucktshoes

My Grandson was the head jailer on the night shift there and once he was clear of having any knowledge of the incident he quit the Cheatham County Sheriffs Police department and went to work at Dickson County Sheriffs Department but decided he didn't want to be police officer any longer and took a job working in the 911 phone center taking 911 calls and has been working there since he left Dickson Police Department.

He told me being a police officer these days is more political than it once was and he didn't want a job like that. I told him I thought he made a good choice.

16 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

My Grandson was the head jailer on the night shift there and once he was clear of having any knowledge of the incident he quit the Cheatham County Sheriffs Police department and went to work at Dickson County Sheriffs Department but decided he didn't want to be police officer any longer and took a job working in the 911 phone center taking 911 calls and has been working there since he left Dickson Police Department.

He told me being a police officer these days is more political than it once was and he didn't want a job like that. I told him I thought he made a good choice.

He did make a good choice. This job really sucks these days. Those of us out here that try to treat people with dignity and respect, even while we're having to arrest them, are always cast in a bad light by these freak shows. Pisses me off when people do stupid things like this. 

42 minutes ago, res308 said:

He did make a good choice. This job really sucks these days. Those of us out here that try to treat people with dignity and respect, even while we're having to arrest them, are always cast in a bad light by these freak shows. Pisses me off when people do stupid things like this. 

Believe me I have the utmost respect for any officer that works everyday doing their job and respecting the uniform they wear and the people tey might have to arrest. Before my Grandson became head jailer on the night shift he was a patrolman for 2 years. He told me horror stories about things he saw while on patrol and that is why he took the jailer position when it was offered to him. He thought it would be better but said he was wrong about that decision also. He had no idea his fellow jail personnel were so stupid and evil.

Since joining 911 he has received to commendations for talking to people that were doing stupid things. 1 guy was holding hostages and he had him on the line for over 2 hours before he was able to get the guy to give up and the other one was for talking to a guy that was going to comit suicide and had a gun and finally after almost 2 hours he surrrendered to officers. He said his job is very rewarding but has it's down sides when they lose someone also,

I'm glad he's found a better spot, and I don't blame him one bit. Thankfully I don't run into it as much out here where I work (heck, I'm by myself most of the time). There were quite a few with dickson pd and dickson county that I would hate to have to work around. Definitely not all of them out there are good. 

Edited by res308