Ameriglo CAP sights

Anyone familiar with these?  https://ameriglo.com/collections/smith-wesson/cap  Thinking about them for a 4.25 S&W 2.0.  Dave Spaulding, as spokesperson says they are made to cover the target, rather than have the target above the fsp.  Looking for reviews from owners or users.  Would these sights be OK, better or worse (than OEM) for IDPA?  What tritium sights would you recommend, and why?  Thanks.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put them on a Glock 23 I used to own and was really disappointed with them but this was partly my fault for not really understanding what I was ordering. The Glock was my night stand stand weapon and the sights really only glow for a few minutes. The tritium in the front sight is very small and probably the least bright of any night sights I've ever owned. They might be ideal for other uses though. I really can't speak to IDPA as I've never done anything other than Glock matches. 

Sight set with green tritium, luminescent green square outline front and painted line rear for Smith & Wesson M&P Models. LumiGreen paint will glow brightly for 10 minutes after light exposure

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spiffy said:

You don't really shoot far enough in IDPA for the sights to matter much as long as there is enough light around the front sight so you can pick it up quick for transitions to movers.

Did you shoot bay 8 at ORSA this month? 

On 7/30/2017 at 0:05 PM, walthermitty said:

Anyone familiar with these?  https://ameriglo.com/collections/smith-wesson/cap  Thinking about them for a 4.25 S&W 2.0.  Dave Spaulding, as spokesperson says they are made to cover the target, rather than have the target above the fsp.  Looking for reviews from owners or users.  Would these sights be OK, better or worse (than OEM) for IDPA?  What tritium sights would you recommend, and why?  Thanks.

I have red,white, and green.  By far go with the green.  Very good sights.  The tritium is bright for enough for all situations IMO.  Plus  night sights are overrated, rarely are we in such a situation given ambient light.

I have them on my S&W Shield and Glock 19/26/20, all in green. I got the narrower front sight for the Glocks (TCAP). I moved to these from the XS Big Dots. I can make more accurate shots with them than with the XS Big Dots and I am as fast. I don't shoot IDPA.

CAP-sights.png?w=255

On 8/16/2017 at 10:45 AM, chances R said:

Did you shoot bay 8 at ORSA this month? 

Yeah and I slowed down and aimed..all head shot and swore everyone to not tell Justin Cooper that I can aim.

My point was you can do well at IDPA distances with standard factory sights.

Edited by Spiffy