AR builders -- what is this?

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Cool.  That review was funny.  I bet loaning the customer a barrel wrench every time is a pain...

That has to be about the best thing I have ever read about an AR accessory.  I'm just dying over here. 

• Admin Team
8 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

That has to be about the best thing I have ever read about an AR accessory.  I'm just dying over here. 

Good on them for actually supporting their customer.  I can think of companies that I'd love to get that level of service from.  

Heck, I think of plenty of companies where I'd love to borrow a barrel nut wrench (I'm looking at you Knight's Armament.)

• Like 2

Well, I've written them and asked about the loan of a barrel wrench.   We'll see what they say.

And, as we've already concluded, there's always the pipe wrench and a strip of leather....

Cheers,

Whisper

Edited by Whisper

So I emailed Diamondback and heard back from them within hours.  They do in fact have "a" wrench to fit their proprietary barrel nuts, and they do loan it at no charge to purchasers of their guns or handguards.  Unfortunately, they said, they had just mailed it out today to another purchaser, so they suggested I check back in a couple of weeks.  So, either Diamondback is not selling a lot of these handguards, or there are a lot of guys out there cranking away on their guns with pipe wrenches....

I'm thinking now that I will probably wait for the tool to arrive before I install this handguard.  I may finish up my current build with a different handguard and just build another rifle when the barrel wrench arrives.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
On 8/3/2017 at 5:13 AM, Whisper said:

So I emailed Diamondback and heard back from them within hours.  They do in fact have "a" wrench to fit their proprietary barrel nuts, and they do loan it at no charge to purchasers of their guns or handguards.  Unfortunately, they said, they had just mailed it out today to another purchaser, so they suggested I check back in a couple of weeks.  So, either Diamondback is not selling a lot of these handguards, or there are a lot of guys out there cranking away on their guns with pipe wrenches....

I'm thinking now that I will probably wait for the tool to arrive before I install this handguard.  I may finish up my current build with a different handguard and just build another rifle when the barrel wrench arrives.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Cheers,

Whisper

They should send the guy who has it now the next person's mailing address and a label to cut down on some time and cost for them.  The DB barrel nut tool passaround.

Edited by FrankD