Car and truck Insurance??

6 minutes ago, Ugly said:

With the trend of charging more insurance for safety and lazy devices, imagine how much those self driving cars are gonna costs!!!!

I might have to start using Public transportation when I begin to get those rate hikes. Be cheaper taking Uber or a Cab...........................:doh:

• Like 1

You guys complaining about TN fees have no idea what it's like in other states. When I moved to FL in 2010 it cost $450 to register my Acura. Loudon County TN where I live now is only $30. 

There is a reason why you see a million rental cars registered in Blount County TN. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

You guys complaining about TN fees have no idea what it's like in other states. When I moved to FL in 2010 it cost $450 to register my Acura. Loudon County TN where I live now is only $30. 

There is a reason why you see a million rental cars registered in Blount County TN. 

I do have some idea. Registered in  5 states. 

I just hope Tennessee doesn't creep up there. After all, the elected are allowing us to be free people in the land of the free to drive on this great land for a fee, and taxes, and restrictions. 

The government has become a business.  We are their bread and butter. 

12 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Well, looks like I am staying with State Farm for now. I just got 11 quotes from 11 companies from Zander that someone recomended I try. State Farm has even their lowest company beat. And none of them offered marine boat insurance so staying trapped where I am for now................:wall:

For your boat did you try your home owners insurance?

I have all my cars with USAA and my home/boat with Farm Bureau.

12 hours ago, Erik88 said:

LOL. I purchased a new 1997 Chevy Dually in CA reregistration was $750yr, moved to TN few months later same truck $24.00, fast FW to 7/17 I received my sons reregistration it was $29..:grouchy:

13 hours ago, Ugly said:

I do have some idea. Registered in  5 states. 

I just hope Tennessee doesn't creep up there. After all, the elected are allowing us to be free people in the land of the free to drive on this great land for a fee, and taxes, and restrictions. 

The government has become a business.  We are their bread and butter. 

Building and maintaining roads is one area where we actually need government. You wouldn't be able to drive anywhere is roads were left to the private sector.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Building and maintaining roads is one area where we actually need government. You wouldn't be able to drive anywhere is roads were left to the private sector.

That's logical. But what are the odds all of that money is going to roads? Zero % in my county. 

a wheel tax is for the schools (supposedly) In addition to the school tax. And of course our tax cut raised gas taxes. 

I've heard the term "baffle them with bull****" before and believe that's the operational norm

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I agree with the road building but for last couple years I have my doubts on the maintainence issues. Most roads are in pretty bad shape right now IMO!!!

2 minutes ago, Ugly said:

That's logical. But what are the odds all of that money is going to roads? Zero % in my county. 

a wheel tax is for the schools (supposedly) In addition to the school tax. And of course our tax cut raised gas taxes. 

I've heard the term "baffle them with bull****" before and believe that's the operational norm

Ya gotta love how the counties have unlimited excuses for what the money needed is for. I just renewed my Jeep tags and for 17 years I have been payng $75.00 and this year it was $80.00. I don't even bother asking why the increase. I know some politician had some pet project he needed funding for. The one that use to tickle me was when I lived in Robertson County. Tags up there were $70.00 when I moved there and $80 by the time I moved and I was stupid enough to ask about the increase one year. The lady said it is an increase to the gravel tax for roads. I said lady, I have driven about every where you can drive in this county and never drove on a gravel road. She looked me dead in the eyes and said "thats why we have a gravel tax!! To make sure you never have to drive on one!!!"  I didn't have a come back to that so I just said "oh ok thanks" and left.......................:doh:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I agree with the road building but for last couple years I have my doubts on the maintainence issues. Most roads are in pretty bad shape right now IMO!!!

I agree. Bad politics has put us behind the eight ball for maintenance for a few years now. This year, my office has 5 resurfacing projects. The good news (if you don't mind the orange barrels) is that we have something like 17 in the pipeline for next year I'm told. It appears that, at least in the short term, the gas tax hike is going to be put to good use.

• Like 2

I saw it said twice already but Zander is really where it is at as far as car insurance. We have 3 vehicles covered, his truck, my suv and our 79 Bronco. The Bronco is insurance for $14,000 despite it's age. It isn't classic car coverage or anything. Also, my suv is a 2017 Sante Fe Sport Turbo with cameras, lane departure and all the whistles. It stayed the same price as my 2005 Sequoia I traded in.

Zander will truly go above and beyond. We just don't use them for Home Owners because we're considered "rural" and you bleed through the nose for that no matter where you go.

2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I agree. Bad politics has put us behind the eight ball for maintenance for a few years now. This year, my office has 5 resurfacing projects. The good news (if you don't mind the orange barrels) is that we have something like 17 in the pipeline for next year I'm told. It appears that, at least in the short term, the gas tax hike is going to be put to good use.

I'm glad to hear your company has all those jobs as it does insure Job security. As far as the orange barrels go I have not driven down a highway more then 10 miles in Tennessee that I have not driven through or past Orange Barrels in the last 25 years so I have just considered them part of Tennessees Landscape. I have spoke to people traveling through the state that call Tennessee "The State of Never Ending Construction" and I just smile at them and agree.............:clap:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

I saw it said twice already but Zander is really where it is at as far as car insurance. We have 3 vehicles covered, his truck, my suv and our 79 Bronco. The Bronco is insurance for $14,000 despite it's age. It isn't classic car coverage or anything. Also, my suv is a 2017 Sante Fe Sport Turbo with cameras, lane departure and all the whistles. It stayed the same price as my 2005 Sequoia I traded in.

Zander will truly go above and beyond. We just don't use them for Home Owners because we're considered "rural" and you bleed through the nose for that no matter where you go.

yea they did have a few companies that were the same or a little lower than my State Farm but if I pull my auto insurance it breaks up my package and what I might gain on Zander I would just loose when they raised My boat and Renters policies so better off staying where I am at for now.

2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

yea they did have a few companies that were the same or a little lower than my State Farm but if I pull my auto insurance it breaks up my package and what I might gain on Zander I would just loose when they raised My boat and Renters policies so better off staying where I am at for now.

they couldn't get you prices on boat & home as well?  My home & auto is split up now through two companies with Zander and it still saves a metric ton.

• Like 1

I use USAA, and I think I'm getting a decent deal.  Most of my rises in cost have been within inflation, and like Bersa, my multi-product discounts help a good bit. 

What I hate is that I have a 15yr old truck with less than 100k miles on it, and ten years of being paid off.  As far as I'm concerned, for any accident I'm in where not at fault or a contributor...anything short of a new vehicle paid off when I take the keys is a loss for me.  But, the game is what it is, and we're all mandatory players.

14 hours ago, Sam1 said:

they couldn't get you prices on boat & home as well?  My home & auto is split up now through two companies with Zander and it still saves a metric ton.

I just paid my renters insurance in July so it's good till next July and my boat insurance does not come up again till February. I'm gonna get this Jeep policy paid this time and begin looking through Zander again and will probably call them and speak with one of their agents.

• Like 1