TGO Forum Upgrades Coming Soon

• Administrator

I am going to admit right at the start that I am not sure when I am going to do this, but it will be soon.  The authors of our forum software have released a new version that has some compelling features that I believe TGO would benefit from.  A complete overview of what's new is available at the following link, but I will also mention a few things specifically that I think will be nice for us to have.

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/invision-community-42-r1030/

1. Clubs Clubs are a brand new way of supporting sub-communities within your site. Many people have requested social group functionality in the past and Clubs are our implementation of this concept.

clubs.thumb.jpg.c7e4bd0cb4ecb5dfc5bf843c

2. Reactions Offer more fine-grained sentiments towards content than a simple up/down or 'like'. They are now in common usage on social networks, and so users expect to be able to be more nuanced in their response to something they see.

reaction.gif.cdbb09b8c28b53d505389be864c

3. Improved content embedding - This will make adding pictures, videos, etc. to your posts a little more painless.  Not only are there improvements for photos linked from our own TGO photo gallery, but also improvements to the way that links to TGO calendar entries look.

4. Fluid Forum View - This is an entirely new feature that allows you to view content from all of our categories in one activity stream.  I will admit that the first time that I saw it in use on the IPBoard support site, I was a little puzzled with what advantages it really offered, but the more I played with it the more I liked it.  Basically it gets you straight to the forum content in "one view" and lets you skip the structure of the sub-forums, almost the way that viewing New Content does today.

There are quite a few other improvements being made in the Version 4.2 software so I would recommend just clicking the first link in this post if you're a geek at heart and want to know more.  I can't promise that we will use every new feature on TGO, but I will implement as many of them as makes sense.

• Like 3

Gosh!!!! I just was beginning to get comfortable with this format and now I will have to begin all over again................:wall:  Oh well, gives me things to do in my spare time since folks aren't buying any fishing baits right now................:cheers:

11 minutes ago, TGO David said:

The new version is a "minor" release version (going from 4.1 to 4.2) so it really doesn't change the way the forum looks.  Just a few refinements and new things added.

Is it going to give us a better selection of emotioncons?...................:cheers: