Sig P320 Drop Test

15 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I think whomever runs Glock has been hanging out with Wendy. 

ajwMO3P.jpg

That's legit from their FB page. I took the screen cap myself. 

Can't really blame them.  It's a marketing coup for other manufacturers and is going to take Sig a mighty long time to live this down, if they ever do.  

I imagine Sig's engineers will get no sleep between now and next Monday.  They need to come up with something revolutionary or just stick a Glock trigger in the thing.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

ajwMO3P.jpg

Damn you. I was coming here to post the same thing. :)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

ajwMO3P.jpg

I avoid Facebook like I do Walmart, but the exact same thing was posted on Instagram. A lot of the gun manufacturers are getting like that, H&K is like that too. Didn't expect it from Glock though.

• Administrator
21 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Someone brought up a very good point on another forum. Sig came out with a fix for this issue within days of it becoming public. Something tells me they have known about this issue for a lot longer than a few days.

It is very coincidental, for sure.  A post that I read stated that the new striker assembly and whatever pieces are involved were specified as part of the MHS program and just so happened to fix the drop issue.  Again, coincidental.  I do not typically believe in coincidences of this magnitude either.

22 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

According to my sources, this is a "hoax," if you will. Dropped from a height far exceeding the required height. But, if you're concerned, SIG will do an "upgrade."

I don't see how anyone can claim it's a hoax.  Several sampled firearms clearly fire when struck on the back of the slide with a mallet or on the back rear of the slide as when dropped at that 30-degree angle.

Exaggerated, perhaps, but not a hoax.

I'm glad that Sig is stepping up.  I expected that they would!  They have much riding on the P320.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

According to my sources, this is a "hoax," if you will. Dropped from a height far exceeding the required height. But, if you're concerned, SIG will do an "upgrade."

David is right. This isn't a hoax. One cop already got shot in the leg after dropping his p320 while it was in its holster, trigger covered. 

29 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

That would imply that there's an acceptable height (that's not something absurd like 1000ft) from which you can drop the gun and it's ok for it to fire. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

You might want to start washing your ears out when you get home from the gun store.  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So, just got an email from Apex Tactical:  "Please discontinue using or carrying your Sig P320 pistol equipped with the Apex Curved Advanced Trigger."  The message goes on to say that Apex is suspending sales of its triggers for the P320 and is directing customers who purchased the triggers to return them to Apex for credit toward another product.  Dealers with unsold Apex triggers are asked to return them to Apex for credit.

Apex says they will test their triggers with the P320 once it has been upgraded by Sig, but "it could take some time...."

I imagine this will get cleared up reasonably soon.  But I'm glad I have not been too quick to grab up a P320.  I am still interested in having one, but maybe in a few more months....

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Whisper said:

So, just got an email from Apex Tactical:  "Please discontinue using or carrying your Sig P320 pistol equipped with the Apex Curved Advanced Trigger."  The message goes on to say that Apex is suspending sales of its triggers for the P320 and is directing customers who purchased the triggers to return them to Apex for credit toward another product.  Dealers with unsold Apex triggers are asked to return them to Apex for credit.

Apex says they will test their triggers with the P320 once it has been upgraded by Sig, but "it could take some time...."

I imagine this will get cleared up reasonably soon.  But I'm glad I have not been too quick to grab up a P320.  I am still interested in having one, but maybe in a few more months....

Cheers,

Whisper

So are they taking one for the team?  Or is it really a trigger issue?  Sounds fishy.

23 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Why does it not surprise me that the military’s exhaustive testing failed to find a flaw that could easily occur in a real world scenario? :)

The government should pull the contract.

I know many may think this sounds like a conspiracy theory but I firmly believe the RFP was rigged. Someone got a big kickback. Even leading up to the testing many people pointed out that the only weapon that met the criteria the Army was looking for was the p320. It was extremely specific. On top of that my brother was stationed in Africa during 2015 and his unit was given the chance to buy a custom p320 with their specific insignia on it(it looked awesome BTW). That might be a coincidence but even he was told back in 2015 that the Army was selecting that for their next gun.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Dustbuster said:

I did my own test, beat it w a snap on dead blow hammer, threw it in the mud, ran it over with my Honda and a chihuahua inside. It never showed any sign of firing.bbb71b5422d3a0e8f9c4f26f0b7f0fa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Film it next time.

I did my own test, beat it w a snap on dead blow hammer, threw it in the mud, ran it over with my Honda and a chihuahua inside. It never showed any sign of firing.bbb71b5422d3a0e8f9c4f26f0b7f0fa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it loaded? [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Whisper said:

Cheers,

Whisper

As well. I checked one over at G&L Hendersonville a week or so ago. It was ok, didn't really make me lust after it though. I thought maybe later.

I guess it's much later now.

Edited by hipower