TOTAL ECLIPSE PATH FOR TENNESSEE

I have been saying all along that Tennessee will most likely be cloudy and raining during it but that still won't stop the 100's of thousands of people from flocking here just to be dissappointed and probably blame Tennessee because Mother Nature rained on their parade.......JMHO

3 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I have been saying all along that Tennessee will most likely be cloudy and raining during it but that still won't stop the 100's of thousands of people from flocking here just to be dissappointed and probably blame Tennessee because Mother Nature rained on their parade.......JMHO

I blame Bush

• Haha 1

So my UPS driver that stops almost daily at my shop just asked if I was going to be closed next Monday. Not really thinking about it I said yeah if that's Labor Day.  He said no, Monday the 21st is the day of the eclipse and some local businesses were closing at noon. Yeah, this thing is reached the point of ridiculous.

I just finished a set of solar filters for my binoculars. My wife teaches high school special ed & is going to take them with her Monday for the class to use. I have a bunch of left over solar material I bought before the Venus transit a few years ago so I picked up some plumbing fittings & let my inner nerd flow. The look funny, but work really well. We're supposed to have .99 magnitude here so it looks like I won't get to witness or photograph the corona, but hopefully the weather will be clear enough to still see a good show.

tPjzSCX.jpg

LhfBNc2.jpg

uCLE1VU.jpg

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, luvmyberetta said:

I just finished a set of solar filters for my binoculars. My wife teaches high school special ed & is going to take them with her Monday for the class to use. I have a bunch of left over solar material I bought before the Venus transit a few years ago so I picked up some plumbing fittings & let my inner nerd flow. The look funny, but work really well. We're supposed to have .99 magnitude here so it looks like I won't get to witness or photograph the corona, but hopefully the weather will be clear enough to still see a good show.

tPjzSCX.jpg

LhfBNc2.jpg

uCLE1VU.jpg

That was very thoughtfull of you to do that for the students. Believe it or not I had a buddy that had the proper filiments #14 which is same as welding helmets and he had it tested and he actually made some homemade glasses with the lense #14 cover and some PVC pipe he had laying around and made about 10 pairs for his family members. He did it because he didn't trust any of the store bought stuff beause he didn't know what was Chinese bootleg verses the real stuff. Like you he put his nerdy side together and made them. They are not pretty but they are safe and effective and will work for the 2 minutes and 40 seconds it will last at his home weather permitting.....................:clap:

Come on to Tellico Plains. Latest weather 92 degrees and occasional clouds. We're only expecting 112,000 more folks. Hotels are all full, people are selling space in their yards for $15-$30 for the eclipse and $40-$60 to camp in with no facilities for the night.

Don't know how I really feel about this. But I'm bordering on " It makes me sick that local people are taking advantage of it ".

27 minutes ago, Ray Z said:

Come on to Tellico Plains. Latest weather 92 degrees and occasional clouds. We're only expecting 112,000 more folks. Hotels are all full, people are selling space in their yards for $15-$30 for the eclipse and $40-$60 to camp in with no facilities for the night.

Don't know how I really feel about this. But I'm bordering on " It makes me sick that local people are taking advantage of it ".

Supply and demand.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Ray Z said:

I imagine many of those people will wish they asked for more after cleaning up and trying to dispose of all the trash that will most likely be left behind, not to mention demands to use the bathroom.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, bubbiesdad said:

Supply and demand.

I could park at least 25 cars in my parking area in front of my house and have a huge back yard. I did invite one TGO  member that mentioned he was looking for a place to view it from but I ain't having a bunch of strangers parking at my house................JMHO

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I imagine many of those people will wish they asked for more after cleaning up and trying to dispose of all the trash that will most likely be left behind, not to mention demands to use the bathroom.

If they turn people down for the bathroom, they better take care walking around in the yard the next day...

45 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

I did fill my cars up though :D just because I don't want to get caught up in any potenial caos tomorrow. 

I topped off my Jeep Friday and then filled five 5 gallon gas cans because i had a $1.00 off a gallon at Krogers and got my 35 gallon limit for $37.45...........................:clap:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Anybody seen traffic problems yet?

Try and get a rental car in Nashville this week!  Avis was quoting $176 a day last Monday, and they were only ones with anything available (our corporate site checks all the airport vendors and Enterprise off-airport locations). 

• Like 1