TOTAL ECLIPSE PATH FOR TENNESSEE

32 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Did anyone see any vampires or werewolves? Figured they might jump at the chance to run by the bank or post office during working hours.  

Nope, I warned everyone one in my office about the chance of seeing some. My office backs up to a swamp/wild life preserve, never know what lives in there.

Fairly certain I heard and saw a Panther. It was making eerie growling sound off in the distance. I saw some movement but it was right at totallity so all I saw was a dark shadow so it must have been a black panther.  Maybe I should follow up on another old thread with this. :dirty:

Edited by MP5_Rizzo
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

Fairly certain I heard and saw a Panther. It was making eerie growling sound off in the distance. I saw some movement but it was right at totallity so all I saw was a dark shadow so it must have been a black panther.  Maybe I should follow up on another old thread with this. :dirty:

Or call Marvel to see if they were filming in the area....

Jamestown was outside the path, so I drove my better half south and west. We wound up at a church in Bon Air, on US 70 a few miles east of Sparta - right on the totality center line. In 57 years, this is most awesome astronomical event I've seen.

I heard some nondescript canines howling, and a few random gunshots - typical Monday up here on the plateau.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I'm in Paducah. No clouds were in the way here. During totality, I was able to remove my glasses and have a clear view. It was well worth the time

Yea, same here in Clarksville nice and clear all the way through the entire 3 or so hours.  I also took my glasses off for the total portion, then a bright sliver as bright as a flash slipped through and back to the glasses.

37 minutes ago, Omega said:

Yea, same here in Clarksville nice and clear all the way through the entire 3 or so hours.  I also took my glasses off for the total portion, then a bright sliver as bright as a flash slipped through and back to the glasses.

Same here. I didn't get hurt. I kept checking thru the glasses to make sure nothing was coming through

Is it normal to still be seeing spots? :stunned:

J/K. I'm fine. I was extra careful because my eyes are my career, and I like to see :cool:

I did look at the total for a brief moment without the glasses, and it was so cool. I wanted to see it again though. It was fast.

Definitely a lot cooler than what I expected. One of the neatest things I've ever seen. Watched  it at my wife's office in Antioch.... you wouldn't belive the parade of private jets coming in to land at the airport in Nashville. 

Already making plans for 2024 with 4+ minutes of totality!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Wingshooter said:

What planet was that so bright just to the west... Venus?

Yes, Venus was the very bright one to the west. Mercury was to the east and much closer to the sun. You can see it in a lot of the pictures being posted to the Interwebs. It's a bright speck just to the upper left of the eclipsed sun.

• Like 1

3 of my coworkers spent a significant amount of time outside watching the entire eclipse. One has already called in saying she feels really poorly. Haven't heard from the other 2 but they are an hour late so far.

I'm thinking that we are on the leading edge of the eclipse zombie transformation. Logically you would think that we would hear from places like Oregon first but it is possible that they've all turned and there is no one to report in...

It may be time to head to the boooonker

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mark A said:

3 of my coworkers spent a significant amount of time outside watching the entire eclipse. One has already called in saying she feels really poorly. Haven't heard from the other 2 but they are an hour late so far.

I'm thinking that we are on the leading edge of the eclipse zombie transformation. Logically you would think that we would hear from places like Oregon first but it is possible that they've all turned and there is no one to report in...

It may be time to head to the boooonker

So far no issues here at my work, but I avoid everyone anyway. Someof them seem like zombies normally. I have my CZ P09 with a spare mag, so I think that more than covers everyone in the building. Let's hope there is no residual EMP flashes. It would suck to walk home.

By the way, I notices the USPS tracking system was down all day yesterday....maybe that was the sign of the beginning.

Edited by Ronald_55
1 hour ago, Mark A said:

Probably an eye problem... just can't see themselves coming into work today :lol: 

• Haha 1