Forum Software Updated. 8/10/2017

• Administrator

Hey, folks.  The forum software has been updated today to the latest from Invision Power Board.  Undoubtedly, you will find things that function a bit differently than before but I hope that the majority of those differences will be subtle and non-intrusive.  Ideally, you will find those differences to be something that improves the community rather than causes you any difficulty.

As always, please use this particular subforum to report any problems that you find.  Many common problems are caused by cached data in your web browser, so be sure to try clearing cached data first and see if it helps your situation.  Instructions on how to clear cached data can be found at the following link:  How to Clear Your Cache on Any Browser

• Administrator

Also to note, the search index is currently being rebuilt and will take some time to complete.  I would suspect that it will be done during the overnight hours.

Just know that in the meantime, some items may not be returned by a search and viewing New Content might not return everything that you expect it to.

I'm seeing an odd effect in IE, but not in Chrome. There's almost no right side to the page so posts stretch off the right side and don't CRLF. They just stretch on and on. I have a reeeeeaaaaally long scroll bar at the bottom. About halfway across, the white box of text ends and I have the "Submit Reply" button. After that I have to scroll really far again to get to the "thumbs up" like button.

I flushed cache and restarted IE. No change.

2 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

I'm seeing an odd effect in IE, but not in Chrome. There's almost no right side to the page so posts stretch off the right side and don't CRLF. They just stretch on and on. I have a reeeeeaaaaally long scroll bar at the bottom. About halfway across, the white box of text ends and I have the "Submit Reply" button. After that I have to scroll really far again to get to the "thumbs up" like button.

The first problem is that you are using IE

• Like 1
  • Administrator
11 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

Ditch IE.  That browser is complete garbage.

• Like 2
  • Administrator

I'm disabling the responsive aspects of the style since it's not working right on iOS mobile devices.  It seems to be specific to the TGO layout; I cannot repeat the issue on a test installation.  Will have to research that some more.

• Administrator

I am temporarily setting us up with a slightly modified version of the canned, bone-stock IPB look n' feel while I work on some things behind the scenes.  Trying to make our regular look n' feel work right with the new version of software AND mobile devices AND all web browsers including junky old MS Internet Explorer.

Ya'll are just going to have to bear with me.

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator

Is it just me or does the forum seem generally faster and more responsive to page loads since the upgrade?  The new server has always been pretty quick but this is a whole other level of fast, based on what I have been seeing.